The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know of the different air induction, and the larger diameter rotor pulley but is there any other big improvements or changes between the two years. Any horsepower differences?? Both machines have the AFX in them

·
Registered
66 Posts
03 and later no longer have the pto clutch seperator engagement. They have a clylinder and a belt like the smaller machines always had/ like a 40/60 size machine.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
yeah and that different engagements a pain in the butt.

make sure u ask about getting updates on that..there should be a few changes made to that machine..

Seemed like in 03-05 we sure went threw several seperator belts.....

that got pretty old to be honest..

since they did the updates thats fixed the issue.

also go here.

http://www.hoober.com/pdfs/AxialFlowTimeline.pdf

·
Registered
76 Posts
It was actually 02 the belt tensioner drive came in and yep a step backwards in my book too. They also put the hydraulic feeder reverse on, heavier brackets on the sieve pivots, bigger fuel tank(with a crappy cap!) a better AFS screen, remote sieve adjusters-there is probably more but I cant think of them all.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i wonder whats the reason they went away from the pto clutch separator drive, i think the current drive is mutch harder on the belt

·
Registered
561 Posts
Well you do way less seperator clutches though. The clucth design was maxed out for hp. If the belt is properly tensioned and engaged at idle with the updated orfice the belt lasts a very long time and is much cheaper than a clutch job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts