The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard next year deere is coming out with the 9970. Is there any truth to it??? Maybe it will have.....a bigger cleaning system.

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
Probably the same combine with a 550hp engine and hopper extensions, don't forget the new decals! I'm a deere guy, but getting a little tired driving the same product with new stickers.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I'm as Green as Green goes... but that old 105 sieve needs to be a little bigger...

Everything else is there already, just need more cleaning area...

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
thats what i was going to say....

The local guys around here feel the same as you guys..

im even getting tired of it!!!! Bi proxy...

I do like some of the new updates on the new series...

Sometimes it takes these companies a while to do whats right

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Quote:thats what i was going to say....

The local guys around here feel the same as you guys..

im even getting tired of it!!!! Bi proxy...

I do like some of the new updates on the new series...

Sometimes it takes these companies a while to do whats right

All it will take is a bigger cleaning area, John Deere has a great combine, didn't CaseIH take somtime to make the 8010 and do that right. Now look how good the 8010 is. Give JD a little more time , it's coming.

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
thats funny, CaseIH rushed the 8010 into production to compete with the other class 8 machines. In turn they got a machine that has new problems every generation. Thats why the 7010 is supposed to be better because it went through alot of real world testing. Back on topic, John Deere told my dealer that they cannot effectively put any more power to the current rotor design. They need a complete redesign.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
John Deeres are crap. Bought one a few years ago and its been nothing but problems. Got to fix this or fix that. The whole sts design is overrated no matter how big the capacity gets or how much power they put into it. Its about time to go back to a Gleaner.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sneak preview of the 2010 John Deere 9990STS with 946D header. Deere really pushed the boat out on this one with extra power, bigger grain tank, new draper header. When questioned the Deere representative said "yes the cleaning capacity is a definite improvement over the previous models".

Only kidding! Apologies to anyone offended, its only a bit of fun. I love Deere machinery but I have to question the wisdom of developing a new combine without an industry leading cleaning system size in it as CIH have done.

Some numbers for total cleaning area (just sieves):
CIH 6.90m^2
NH 6.5m^2
Claas 6.25m^2
AGCO 5.35m^2
JD 5.25m^2

I know well there are other important considerations to take into account when choosing a machine but you have to admit that JD sold themselves well short especially since Claas had their machines on the market long before the STS generation came out in 1999.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Laury, I'm the one who had to laugh over that one. First of all, you just CAN'T HIDE the obvious straw walker body on that Titan. LOL! I do like the high-performance engine dubbed in, and the bin extension, which is real. What's so funny, is how I've been talking to some of the regulars here lately, about the class system and how futile it really is, using the example of those mega-bin modified 7700's and how one only needs to put in a 475 Versatile's engine--and have a Class X with only a 55-inch cylinder and all the other respective capacities of yesteryear.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The bin extension is'nt real. Just playing around with photoshop while thinking about the combine class system and Deere's under capacity. I've got time on my hands, I know

·
Registered
29 Posts
Quote:Sneak preview of the 2010 John Deere 9990STS with 946D header. Deere really pushed the boat out on this one with extra power, bigger grain tank, new draper header. When questioned the Deere representative said "yes the cleaning capacity is a definite improvement over the previous models".

Only kidding! Apologies to anyone offended, its only a bit of fun. I love Deere machinery but I have to question the wisdom of developing a new combine without an industry leading cleaning system size in it as CIH have done.

Some numbers for total cleaning area (just sieves):
CIH 6.90m^2
NH 6.5m^2
Claas 6.25m^2
AGCO 5.35m^2
JD 5.25m^2

I know well there are other important considerations to take into account when choosing a machine but you have to admit that JD sold themselves well short especially since Claas had their machines on the market long before the STS generation came out in 1999.

Cool, I own a model that's not even out yet. You can come to New Jersey to see it in action.

Seriously, that's my combine, I'd love to know how the crammed a rotor in there.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Yup Laury, that there is some super funny stuff, laughed hard and had to show the guys in the shop..........Great rotor placement!

·
Registered
975 Posts
I agree funny stuff, but probably true knowing JD......
......Probably placed the rotor right up through where the walkers were so it dumps the corn right on the ground.......
...lol

·
Registered
341 Posts
look out laury mother deere will be coming after you for posting that prototype pic. I wonder how many they have taken orders for. LOL

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Quote:
Cool, I own a model that's not even out yet. You can come to New Jersey to see it in action.

Seriously, that's my combine, I'd love to know how the crammed a rotor in there.

Okay, I was just informed by a "little" bird, that it IS in fact, a rotary. The huge 32" x 14' rotor simply extends into what just was a former straw walker body. Pretty clever. It even had me fooled for a while. Since the capacity is so great, combined with that much power [the pic is only superimposed to illustate what's really under the cover], the new combine cuts those beans at close to 10 MPH with that 20' head.
Of course the only drawback, is the only 200 bu cap bin, which must be continously unloaded on the go.

It will be shown in an upcoming episode of "Monster Garage" on Discovery Channel, too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts