The Combine Forum banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
I can definitely appreciate the work going in, I have (have done) my share of projects, mind you I'm more of a '60's kinda guy. A regular restoration is easy, but dabbing custom stuff is tough, as one change forces about 5 other mods usually...as long as it's blue!

Awesome.
Makes me wanna do something with that 6BT engine of mine sitting in the corner.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Hows the whippet moving along baron??
Truthfully, it isn't. Even the work on the shop itself got stalled a bit this winter. I guess it just wasn't cold and stormy enough. Need to hire out more of the grain hauling.... work is cutting into my hobbies.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Hows the whippet moving along baron??
Truthfully, it isn't. Even the work on the shop itself got stalled a bit this winter. I guess it just wasn't cold and stormy enough. Need to hire out more of the grain hauling.... work is cutting into my hobbies.
I get that...
Now that our baby has arrived.... he has been cutting into my hobbies.... but I'm ok with that!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I get that...
Now that our baby has arrived.... he has been cutting into my hobbies.... but I'm ok with that!
Yup been there done that took me 10 years to do my 56 ford F100 3 kids later finished it in 2011. My oldest graduates this year.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
The kid is nearly a year old now... and starting to work on the rat again. Wiring... lots of wiring.
Dakota digital box of wizardry to run jaguar speedometer from Chevy trans.
Need windshield washer... was gonna use some cheap plastic squirters...... but saw some copper tubing and thought... I can build something....

·
Registered
228 Posts
I should have built a rad rod instead of a muscle car. I could do cool stuff with old parts and if it wasn't perfect, that's part of the charm. I think that would be a super cool washer tank, but could never do it in my car.

Maybe next car...

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
A legal requirement is a windshield defroster..... so, had to build something for that....

Also, my temporary side mounted battery is relocated to under the bed and booster posts are installed to try and clean things up a bit...

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Looking good... I didn't get much done on the Whippet this year... determined that the frame was tweaked and I might have to build a frame jig to get it right. Tie down in the floor isn't cutting it. So far my spare time has been spent on the shop itself but I've made a lot of headway. Finished the new wiring last Friday and working on the office area.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Having a nice facility to work safely in is paramount.

I myself am getting tired of having only one air line outlet and one 220 plug in my shop...
You get cords, wires, hoses all over the floor... 😡

·
Registered
228 Posts
Having a nice facility to work safely in is paramount.

I myself am getting tired of having only one air line outlet and one 220 plug in my shop...
You get cords, wires, hoses all over the floor... 😡
Finishing our own shop is the priority project this winter. 12 years after it was built. Few more hose and cord reels. And hopefully get a working toilet before our FT guy quits haha

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Finishing our own shop is the priority project this winter. 12 years after it was built. Few more hose and cord reels. And hopefully get a working toilet before our FT guy quits haha
Lol... using the ole "long drop" when its -25 outside keeps bathroom breaks to a minimum tho.... 🤣

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Not much picture worthy progress.... lots of wiring going on.... it's actually a bit draining at times...
But, stole a old aftermarket turn signal assemble from my uncle's old versatile 4wd tractor, I never seen one like this before so I had to have it...
I kinda hate plastic stuff... it's a bit weathered but I'll either clean it up or make a metal enclosure... someday. I just wanna get this thing done already though... it is what it is for now.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I remember seeing one like that when I was a kid, can't remember if it was in our 700 Versatile or a grain truck? Either way it probably didn't work!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
I opened this guy up and inside was in very good conditio.... 1/4 full of dust.. but with it blown out the contacts looked very very nice, lubed it all up with dielectric grease and it seems to function perfectly... well say it works better than it looks!

141 - 157 of 157 Posts