The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Out field scouting with one of my sons. Wheat is faller and it wasn't standing that well later.

The close tracks was the terra track and the far ones were the duals. The combine got stuck and had to be pulled out.

The faller at harvest. Almost every acre was down but yield was good. Slow going even for the 780's.

If only all our beans were this good. 60+ here but that was well above our average.

Chased some wildlife out of the corn.

My favorite row of the year, the last one.

Feel free to ask questions. I have more pics but will post them later.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Glad no wild hogs in ur corn...more of that appearing in SE sask....we had durum down like ur faller and demoed 780 in it and had trouble measuring its value over r 590 as cutting n feeding were limiting factor....would you say you wished and in hindsight would have went all tracks? Serviceability or access of machine and mud wise.....did cemos/cruise pilot meet or exceed ur expectations? Tilling....what value did it bring to ur acres? How far apart are your tiles?

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad no wild hogs in ur corn...more of that appearing in SE sask....we had durum down like ur faller and demoed 780 in it and had trouble measuring its value over r 590 as cutting n feeding were limiting factor....would you say you wished and in hindsight would have went all tracks? Serviceability or access of machine and mud wise.....did cemos/cruise pilot meet or exceed ur expectations? Tilling....what value did it bring to ur acres? How far apart are your tiles?
We are going to all tracks next year. Hoping the reduced compaction will eventually pay for them. Not getting stuck is really nice as well. For the most part it makes service much nicer but I find it harder to put the two big shields on with tracks. Probably should take them off and put them in the shed first day but with my kids around I decided I should keep them on. We only had cruise pilot and as usual it performed great. Can't use it in down wheat when limited by feeding speed but it's still an option I love. Every field we have tiled got seeded so that says something. Our tile worked really good this spring except at Souris where it stayed froze till mid June. The other areas were running in early May and I'm not sure why the difference. I don't think it stopped running till mid July. We had some outstanding 50+ bushel canola crops in fields and areas that had no business yielding that high this year or even getting seeded for that matter. Is safe to say that some areas easily paid back half of the installation cost or more this year. We normally run on 50' centres but in really bad areas will go as tight as 30'.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks it has worked pretty good for us. The grain pump has given us some problems and I think if we were to do it again we would do another leg and a drag system. It's on natural gas which makes drying a lot more economical.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.