The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Narrowed down my combine search down to a Case IH 6088 or 7088 or a Leixon 560r

but I have a few questions.

First of all I noticed that the 560r has a vertical style grain bin extensions and I was wondering if it was possible to install the angled style (like the 570r or 580r) grain bin extensions.

2 .I have also heard about this "parts box" that lexion offers and I was wondering what is all included in this box, Preferable a detailed list if possible.

3. How good is the grain sample in Wet 30% corn.

4. What kind of speeds would you be running with an 8 row chopping head in 200bu corn

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
894 Posts
The 560R has the same grain tank and grain handling as the previous class 8 480R

The "parts box" you are referring to is part of the "On Your Farm" parts kit that CLAAS offers through participating dealers. It can be filled with any number of parts that you choose, with terms settled on between you and your dealer. It's a convenient way to keep the wearable and consumable parts (e.g. sickle sections and guards, filters, reel tines, chopper blades, etc.) within your immediate grasp.

Because there is no harsh transition between the LEXION's feederhouse and threshing system (unlike other brands who are unable to optimize their material flow in this area), all material is metered from the feederhouse through the accelerator cylinder where the easy-to-thresh crop is separated out before actual threshing begins so that only the the tough-to-thresh (more durable) crop is threshed (thresh only what needs threshed and start separating up front). This metering action provides better protection for the crop. By adding the round bar concave to the mix will make the quality that much better, no matter the % moisture.

Ground speed of a 560R with an 8-row chopping corn head really depends on the type of chopping head. Each brand drives very differently and has different modes of operation (even though they may look similar).

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will It will be either be the
1. 8 Row Gerginghoff RotoDisic Corn Head
2. The Lexion 8row chopping head

·
Registered
894 Posts
You shouldn't have any problems going 4.0 - 4.5 mph with either head on a LEXION. My experience with Geringhoff chopping heads is: they often break the tops out of the stalks resulting in more plant/stalk material being ingested by the combine and making cleaning a bit more of a challenge. The LEXION head does an excellent job and cuts very clean, just like the non-chop version.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Larry, what kind of job does the lexioin head do chopping the stalks? I am looking to trade one of these years and have never ran into anyone who has saw them both run to make a comparison. Does it cut closer to the ground? Larger pieces or just not the shreaded look?

I have a 12-30 RD on a 575 and 4-4.5 mph is max in 200bu+ corn under 20% moisture. But I get along just fine and and 8 row would not be a problem for the 560. Geringhoff does bring in more trash than the regular lexion heads, just like Larrry says.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts