The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have posted a couple of photos in the case page and now I have a pic to post here of my current TR combine.

Hope you like it.

NH06

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Cogleaner,

My combine has the 7.8 litre newholland engine in it....They changed to the 7.5 litre Genesis engine in late 1995 with the TR97 models I believe....The 20 ft head works pretty good with it but I am looking into 25 ft to put a few less hours on it in soybeans....

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

NH06

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thats a nice combine you got there. Wish I had one like that but with the price of grain so low right now there's almost no way to aford it anymore. Where do u farm in eastern ontario?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Dust Devil....

I am near the Russell/Metcalfe area here in Eastern Ontario...Are you close to here as well? How many acres are you farming?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi I'm west of cornwall down on the 401. Thats about 3/4 hours from you. We farm about 400 acres corn, soybeans, some barley for straw and hay. We also have about 50 dairy cows.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Devil...

We might have met before...I used to wrap hay down near the Prescott and Brockville area up towards Mountain and Winchester...If you need harvesting help this year I will gladly come down there with the equipment and help you out. I just need a tractor for my Grain Cart, lol.

Let me know what you think....

NH06.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm a little further up than prescott, brockville is about 3/4 hours from here. Yeah we'd have a tractor for your cart. We probably wont need any help my dad has two friends, one with a TR88 and the other with a 2144 and they both want the work, last year the guy with the TR put it right in our shed over night so the other guy wouldn't have a chance to come and take some of the work lol. But thanks anyway. Also we have a batch dryer so we can't take off all the corn at once, takes about 2 hours to dry 15 tons depending on moisture. We might be looking for someone to plant no-till beans and some barley underseeded with alfalfa but the 2144 guy is looking at a 30' case planter. We'll see when spring rolls around if he has any money left. The guy that was to plant for us this spring got low on money too, so he packed up and got a job out west. Spring might be pretty soon the weatherman said up to 13 for sunday. Are you going to the ottawa farm show next week?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Devil....

I would like to know what town is closet to you....I don't know where there is a TR 88 out this way but I do know of one or two 2144's....If I still had my no till planter i would be down in a heart beat....I think we are planning on going to the show prolly in the evening but who knows....private message me if you want and we can chat more.

NH06

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Combiness,

I will try my best to keep her running....There is only 3200 engine hours on it....Lots of life left. My biggest problem is if I can keep her or do I trade her in for a nicer, bigger version of her? Or do I buy a second and go like heck? Time will tell.

I have some upgrades to make this spring to her insides and most importantly give it a well deserved bath. I hate it when it goes away dirty.

NH06

1 - 14 of 14 Posts