The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a couple new grain bin horizontal augers for our 9650STS. Abilene Machine's are half that of a Deere, and cheaper than other aftermarket's I've seen. Anybody use 'em? Quality concerns? Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have purchased a couple of augers from them for my combines, and they look and wear just like OEM.

I say go for it

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I bought both of the horizontal bin augers for my 9X walker from them. They were bent enough to be unusable as is. I took them back and we went to the pile of new augers and I traded one of the augers for a straighter one. The other was the best of the lot already.

I had to take them home and straighten them to make them usable.

Much of what you will be buying will be freight and therefore nonrefundable. It also allows Abilene to blame the bent augers on the trucking company. I would suggest in this instance you bend over and buy Deere augers.

I have had good luck with Abilene's main unload augers and auger tubes.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Put a vertical unloading auger in a sts from Sloan Express and it was very well built lots heavier than the oem one. You might check with them as well. Actually i think it was made by A and I

·
Registered
578 Posts
the one i am talking about in the above post could have possibly been a Lowen one as well. Ive slept since then so i dont remember.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts