The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at my rotor today and for the first time (2nd seasonto own machine for me)I noticed 4 or 5 places toward the front of the rotor where it looked like you could bolt some more rasp bars in. They have two bolt holes and are about 14" or so long.

What would this be used for?? Rice?

Also the notched seperator bars on the rear of the rotor..does it matter if the notches or teeth are bent down? TIA

·
Registered
809 Posts
It's been a few years since I've looked at the inside of 1480. I'm assuming your rotor is a standard rotor as most 1480's came that way...unless you have a rice machine. I'm betting that the former owner took off some of the rasp bars that were horizontal to the rotor, these bars would make the crop go around more and if you were harvesting soybeans this is not what you want to happen. As for the bent down notches/teeth on the separator bars, I wouldn't say that was normal but probably from harvesting tough crops. What crops do you harvest with your machine? There is alot of attachments and adjustments that can make your harvest go smoother.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts