The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a different combine and see some of this model pretty reasonably priced around. We harvest corn (yields mostly 130-170 in the hills, 200-250 in bottoms irrigated) and beans (40-70 bushels hills & irrigated respectively) with a 930F platoform and a 1293 corn head.

Would a 9560 have enough capacity to handle what we're doing or am I better to look at the 9660 or bigger?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Wow, a 9560 would be slow going in your irrigated stuff, 8 row would be better.
I would also be concerned with the variable speed header drive with a 12 row on that machine, but I suppose at the speeds you will be going it might be alright.
I would go with a 96 but how many acres you do and your budget will make the decision.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have both, the 9560 will run in your beans fine with the 30 ft deck, that 12 row would scare me. I personally would not screw around with a 9560 if you have enough acres. Ours was a demo with heavy discounts on it, so we bought it as a back up, good machine just to small for my liking, would not buy another one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the thoughts. We're running a leased 9760 right now. With the rate hikes for next year, it comes out about the same to lease or buy thanks to low interest. We harvest about 1600 acres 50/50 split corn/beans.

How do the newer 9560s compare with the earlier 9650s? Can a bigger reverser and high cap lift cylinders overcome the problems with the corn head?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts