The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
maybe i just missed it but was looking in manual for info about moisture sensor....does it require lube, cleaning, etc? how often should you take it out of there...i cleaned it out from wheat to beans....its been off lately so i am thinking i have some green material possibly hung in there...thanks.

·
Registered
560 Posts
assuming you have the bypass system, it's a good idea to check it a couple of times a week. More often in wet crop.

Check the wear surface where the auger butt turns in the plastic block. Polish with emery cloth as needed to ensure the auger doesn't bind.

The auger should clean out the sensor chamber every time you turn off the separator. If it doesn't, crop can freeze in there, etc. If you pull out the auger at the end of the day and get a whole pile of grain, chances are the cleanout isn't working. More likely a problem on a 2x00 combine than an 88 series or 10/20 series.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i assume it is the bypass system too...05 2388 and its on the side of clean grain auger down at bottom...how does the system work? i assume the grain flows down through sensor and then the auger pushes it back into elevator...then as you mentioned the auger cleans it out when seporator stops..is that right?

got a few more question for you about the calibration process....just need to read the ops man again to clarify what i need to ask...thanks torn

·
Registered
560 Posts
grain falls into the bypass sensor from the "up" side of the elevator. Once it fills up to a certain point, a switch closes and triggers a relay that activates the motor, which runs the auger to dump grain into the "DOWN" side of the elevator until the switch opens again, and that cycle repeats as often as needed.

When the separator switch is moved from ON to OFF, the motor runs for about 30 seconds to clean out any remaining grain, as I mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
560 Posts
if it's not cleaning out DURING operation, check fuse 35. It should be a 5A fuse. If it's blown, replace it with a 5A fuse. Overamping can hide other problems.

If the fuse is good, the problem could be the motor, the switch, the relay, the bypass control unit, the wiring, etc. It's a pretty simple system, but lots of components/possibilities.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts