The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience using the 999-FR moisture tester made by MTC? It is a portable battery operated unit. I saw a demonstration of it and it is very easy to use but I want to make sure it is accurate.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Bought one at the crop production show in Saskatoon last week. Ran some wheat samples from fall, and they were pretty much bang on with local elevator. So far I'm impressed.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Good to hear! The reason I asked was because I was at Ag Days in Brandon on Tuesday but I was hoping for some feedback about them before I bought one. I went back yesterday and found a different booth that also sold them so I bought one. If it works good it will be very handy to have. I am actually glad I didn't purchase the first one I found because of the price difference between the two dealers. The first one was $1600. The one I found yesterday was $900. The only difference is one was green and one was yellow. I do like green paint but it's not JD green anyways! lol

Edit to add: Before someone gets to flaming JD for their markup I should mention that it was a dealer selling a colour other than green that was selling the green one.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I wanted to bump this thread and see after two years what are everyone’s thoughts on these testers and maybe get a link to purchase online

·
Registered
328 Posts
don't buy MTC - Testers!

It is a good product, but they don't have anybody sitting anymore in their office in Winnipeg. If you want to get a service done or get it calibrated....it's a night mare. I talked to the dealer, where i bought it from and they sold a lot. They gave up on them, because if you are trying to get a hold of them, it is pretty much impossible. I could also not get anybody on the phone in their offices in the US and Brazil and i tried it numerous times over a few months. :9:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
don't buy MTC - Testers!

It is a good product, but they don't have anybody sitting anymore in their office in Winnipeg. If you want to get a service done or get it calibrated....it's a night mare. I talked to the dealer, where i bought it from and they sold a lot. They gave up on them, because if you are trying to get a hold of them, it is pretty much impossible. I could also not get anybody on the phone in their offices in the US and Brazil and i tried it numerous times over a few months. :9:
Wow good to know. Does anyone have any intel on the gac testers farmtronics sell

·
Registered
538 Posts
We have an MTC as well and I can't get any support for it. It's readings are off by around 1% compared to our 919 and I can't get any info on how to update or calibrate it. Pisses me off since it's a nice unit.

·
Registered
328 Posts
We have an MTC as well and I can't get any support for it. It's readings are off by around 1% compared to our 919 and I can't get any info on how to update or calibrate it. Pisses me off since it's a nice unit.
Those testers are made in China and there is another company in the US, who sells the same "Style" testers. I am wondering, if we might can send it to them and get it serviced. :5:
Do you have this stye from MTC?
https://moisturetesters.com/farm-grain-moisture-testers/935-moisture-tester/

·
Premium Member
8,224 Posts
Does anyone have any intel on the gac testers farmtronics sell
I have had a Mini GAC for maybe a half dozen years now, it gets a fair bit of use and has been a good unit. If I had a complaint it would be that it is very sensitive to being on a flat surface with no vibration, if not it will abort the calibration process. I see they offer a basic one without test weight, if that one is just as accurate on moisture I would go that route provided it makes the unit less fussy. It's listed at $585 compared to $999 for the one I have too.

Farmtronics Ltd. - Farm Electronics Online Store: Grain Handling Products,Grain Testers and Scales

1 - 11 of 11 Posts