The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what crops what size heads that all makes a big diff. a 12 row head will do more than 8 per hour as you can do more soys per hour than corn less bushels to handle not trying to be a smart a but head size makes a big differance as does what crops being harvested.give us some more info. we run a 8010 with 8 row in 175 bu. corn we probably avg.10 acres a hour. usually do 100 to 110 acres per day i know there are more hours to run in a day but usually we only end up combineing about 10 hours uot of the day. most of the time waiting for trucks greasing fueling and all that good stuff. can always burn up 12 to 14 hours aday dont know about you but by the time i get home 16hour day is long enough not as young as i used to be. haha

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just looking for an over all average. I was told the 9120 was only averaging 13 acres an hour in wheat with a 40ft header. It just seems like a person should be getting more out of these machines than that when a 2388 will average 10 acres an hour and is about a third the price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
we got a 8010 with the 2162 macdon front(40ft)
in barley 3.5t/ha was doin 12 ha an hour 28 acres pretty easy sitting on 80-90% power and taking in about 20 inches of stubble.
wheat was much the same little bit lower yields and couold go abit quicker and sitting around 30 acres an hour
but iam in australia so me yields are probably nothing to yours
hope it helps

·
Registered
15 Posts
hey farminflyboy When i was in high school we combined for dick and todd horshiem. Are they still around? we combined west of ness by laird and north by ransom. Just wondering if they are still farming. thanks and have a safe spring

·
Registered
148 Posts
Would like to know how many acres per hour guys are getting on there machines. More curious on the bigger machines, like the 9120's, and 8010's, but would like to see all to compare. Thanks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Conditions and crop's are a factor, that is why i've asked for an average. I'm not asking the most you have harvested per hour. Everybody knows you have exceptional days harvesting, and you can run into those days where you should have left the combine in the shed.

·
Registered
463 Posts
8120 Wheat 25avg. range 10-40
Peas 13avg. range 10-20
Barley 19avg range 13-30
Canola 18 avg range 15-25
Corn 13 avg range 10-20
Soybeans 23avg range 17-30
That should work for ya , I think.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Both headers I ran were chopping.
I like the geringhoff likes green stalks, but chews the dry stalks just fine.. The case works fine with dry stalks can get raged cuts when blades start to get dull.

The geringhoff doesn't allow much error in getting off of the row.

Maintenance is ok three grease zerks per row every morning and PTO shafts. Is a lot easier with big duals on the combine gets the head higher in the air. Parts can be expensive but do last a long time with correct adjustments to the stationary knives.

The case chopping header seems to take a lot more power than the geringhoff. It is hard to compare the two because of the row spacings on power use.

The geringhoff has Headsight and works great no issues last year. Just don't back up with the header close to the ground. The case header height works fine too just as long as a chain doesn't hang up at all.

Need more answers just ask.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts