The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting question, but what crop? what part of the country? dryland or irrigated? there are so many variables to this one....

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just looking for an average over all acres. But if you want me to narrow it down, canadian prairies, working with cereals and oilseeds.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
With my 9770 in 30' of crop, I'll average between 10 and 15 acres per hour. Again, it is totally dependent on conditions such as fields, good windrowing, lodged grain etc.

MS

·
Registered
289 Posts
30 foot platform, on a John Deere 9660 about 13arces an hour, harvesting soybeans.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looking for an over all average. Just average it out over one or two years and that should cover conditions and different crops.

·
Registered
78 Posts
How about bu./hr. does that make it easier? Conditions are still a factor but not as much in my opinion.

·
Registered
790 Posts
9600 with 30' swaths, wheat (50 bu), oats(120 bu), barley(70 bu), canola(40 bu), over the season average about 10 acres per separator hour. Do the math on bu/hr.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Would like to know how many acres per hour guys are getting on there machines. More curious on the bigger machines, like the 9870's, and 9860's, but would like to see all to compare. Thanks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Conditions and different crops are a factor, that's why i've asked to average it out over the year.I'm not asking what the most you have ever combined per acre.

·
Registered
695 Posts
9870...5 mph avg...21 acres/hr (35' straight cut, 36' swaths)
For every mph faster or slower decrease the acres/hr by 4
Average year, 5 mph is a good average.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
To make you're formula more simple mfinmo you can take (width(FT)/8.25)XMPH. For a header you will cut 3.63 acres every mile, knowing that you can quickly calculate your theoritical acres/hr by multiplying speed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts