The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who use their Pro 600 for automatic crop settings, I would like your input on changes you set for headlands (while turning on the ends) for wheat, corn or soybeans. I'm running wheat now and noticed that the sieve losses run up on the ends while pulling out of the crop. I want to try some things like lower fan speed, but was hoping for some good input before I shot in the dark.

Thanks,

·
Registered
560 Posts
lower fan speed is the big one that will help reduce your losses on the ends. Can't help you with how much you need to reduce it, as it will depend on your specific crop conditions. Others might have numbers that have worked well for them...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll probably start with a 200 rpm drop unless I get better advice. I'm currently running 1000 rpms.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
We ran it with the fan dropping and sieves opening but stopped moving the sieves because after a bit the sieves would be out of calibration. Trade 8010 and now 8120 yearly and always have had sieve's get out of cal at some point during harvest, so if you change sieves at row ends just calibrate them often.
Curt

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Curt, that's good to know. At this point I only plan on changing fan speed, but had considered opening the top sieve slightly on corn in the fall.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
I can't get our 8010 to change on the ends. When i go to change headland settings, it won't let me? What am i doing wrong?

·
Registered
560 Posts
to get into headland mode, you have to press Shift + Header Resume. Then make your adjustments and save them to the Work Condition for ACS. Then Header Resume puts you in Harvest mode again. Then Shift+Resume puts you in Headland mode and you should see your new headland settings take effect.

·
Registered
110 Posts
As you would know crop conditions will determine your settings, for our crops I set 150rpm drop and that seems to work ok, your 200 will be a good starting point

1 - 8 of 8 Posts