The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see you guys talking and saying if you get a big corn head or a big draper header for your combines, you need to add a third lift cylinder. Back when we had our 1480's was no big deal, bracket and place for third cylinder hose was already there but, now on our '88 series 21 and 23 there is no brackets or place for hose. Whats involved with putting a third cylinder on the 21 or 23 series? Is there a kit you can get from your dealer, whats all involved? Thanks Troy

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
they just put a T in the one hydralic ram and run a line to the 3rd cylindar it takes about 10 min or less....to do... when u buy the lift cylindar they will give u what u need... I usually rest the feederhouse on a trailor or something to make me feel safer

·
Registered
413 Posts
I just put a third cylinder on my 2377, the brackets were already there I just had to put on the cylinder and install the T fitting, took very little time to install, on my 2388 I have to weld on the mounts for the third cylinder but they came with the kit, I believe all that you will need runs around $1100 for the kit but all parts are included.....just specify when you order it if you have a rock trap or not, if you do then you'll need the kit that has the cylinder extention.

·
Registered
117 Posts
go into feeder cal and when you are toggling through the steps hitting your header raise button, one step will be number of cylinders and use header lower switch to change to 3 instead of 2. and the header controller will calculate raise and lower voltage accordingly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts