The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at various types of aftermarket lightbars that I could move from my seeding tractor, to spraying tractor, to swather. I've researched many types on the net but just curious as to what others have found that worked the best for a reasonable price.

I want a something that covers approximately 40 feet of width, mounts via a bar, and has a single, simple electrical hookup, with a budget of around $800.

FYI, just seen an ad for a 50 inch LED curved lightbar on Regina Kijiji this morn for just over $700, seemed a very good price. But, not sure if those kind of lights have enough projection for what I need.

Any insight would be welcomed. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Get Cree led's. You can find all kinds on Ebay. Deal with Chinese factory. No need of a middleman. 500 dollars will buy a pile of lights. Volts times amps equals watts. Leds are about a dollar a watt. Get spot for distance and flood for close. And anybody with 4 x 5 sealed beams on a semi. For 250 you can get 4 led sealed beams that will be unbelievable. Get 4 plug ins so you can run all 4 beams on high, if they are the 5 x3 led pattern. You run 5 or 6 leds for low on each beam.

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
Amazon and Larsen lights have reasonable priced stuff, so far I am having good luck with no brand name lights, I use alot of the oval JW speaker lights that they use on John Deere with them cheap 55 watt hid kits, I must have 40-50 of them on the farm with only one that has ever gone bad

·
Registered
121 Posts
10x 4" Flood 18W Motorcycle CREE LED Work Light Truck Ute Boat Mining 4WD Jeep | eBay

stick with cree, smaller lights with more output from less power. You can get these and they point very well. I got these for the our 4840 and couldnt be happier. comparison between these and say something like rigid industries, $18 a light vs around 170-200 a light for virtually identical light. they light up plenty of distance for me. 2 out front, 1 on each side, and 4 out the back lights up the world around me. for more distance, track down a pencil beam spot light. something like this comes to mind,

7" 60W CREE LED Pencil Spot Work Light Offroad Lamp Car Truck Boat ATV SUV 4WD | eBay

I`m sure you can get cheaper ones that aren't as powerful, but this would put out a lot of light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.