The Combine Forum banner

Adding fluid to tires

8K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Don Boles 
When you say cheap, I'm guessing you mean something other than a diaphragm pump and the valve adapter with core ejector, which even a low quality set up I believe will run you around a grand. Personally I have never seen anything but a diaphragm pump used, needs to be able to pump both ways and handle the corrosive nature of the calcium chloride. I suppose there are ways of doing it, but if you value your time, I'd just go with the proper set up. One thing to remember, those diaphragm pumps take a fair amount of air volume to operate.

I put my set up together myself, as in sourced and purchased the components separately. Was several years ago, and was well under a thousand back then, however with some care and maintenance, everything is still working and good, so if you get quality stuff and look after it, it will last you a very long time.
X2

Here I can pay for my pump setup with only a couple call outs. Especially since with my luck 95% of my repairs are during a holiday or weekend.:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.