The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am new to Claas after switching from New Holland. Have put 50 hours on it, and so far really enjoy running this combine.

The power cast tailboard of the Turbo Chop was not giving me the spread I wanted and then realized the previous owner added an adjustable flow control in addition to the factory shut off. The PO also removed the handle to the shut off so that was moving around on its own. So I removed all that stuff to get max oil flow for max spread width.

Before replacing the 30 litres of oil that drained out I read the owners manual for the procedure for adding oil. Claas is very worried about getting dirt in the oil, which they should be, and about damage to the system from air bubbles. So just to be clear, can I add the oil to the tank and hook up the wire to run the pump in low pressure mode until the system is full?

Next question, this combine has several 12v power outlets but the hydraulic cable and the work light that came with the combine has cigarette ends on that do not fit the 12v sockets. Does anyone know where I can get a jack that fits the 12v sockets on the Claas?

Thanks

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey , if you drained all the oil you have to put in the cable to make sure that you don`t wreck the hydro pump. There is a socket underneath the air filter, which should fit for the cable .
Just fill the oil up to maximum, stick in the cable (The Led should light up). Than fire up the combine and let it run for 2 minutes. Take off the cable, fire it up again. check oil and refill it!

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Hey , if you drained all the oil you have to put in the cable to make sure that you don`t wreck the hydro pump. There is a socket underneath the air filter, which should fit for the cable .
Just fill the oil up to maximum, stick in the cable (The Led should light up). Than fire up the combine and let it run for 2 minutes. Take off the cable, fire it up again. check oil and refill it!
I am in family with this part. Does it apply to 2011 740?

There should be an adapter for the work light. Might have to get one if it is lost.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, most of the oil had to be drained out to remove the flow control. I found the socket under the air filter but the Hydraulic cable has a cigarette lighter end on it and it will not fit the socket. Ok, so seedcleaner, you say there is an adapter, that would be great then I don't have to butcher both the combine socket and the cable to get the combine going again. My combine did not come with an adapter, hopefully the dealer has one. We have been stopped due to rain the last 6 days but maybe tomorrow if the sun shines we can be running again.

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Yes, most of the oil had to be drained out to remove the flow control. I found the socket under the air filter but the Hydraulic cable has a cigarette lighter end on it and it will not fit the socket. Ok, so seedcleaner, you say there is an adapter, that would be great then I don't have to butcher both the combine socket and the cable to get the combine going again. My combine did not come with an adapter, hopefully the dealer has one. We have been stopped due to rain the last 6 days but maybe tomorrow if the sun shines we can be running again.

Thanks for the help guys.

The red part comes off and it will fit :D

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
This post has me worried. Is any of this common to 480/590 machines?? Have changed the oil lots of times but have never heard about a "cable to plug in to save the hydro pump".

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
This post has me worried. Is any of this common to 480/590 machines?? Have changed the oil lots of times but have never heard about a "cable to plug in to save the hydro pump".
X2 on question about cable for hydro!

Disregard my previous post about the filter. The 740 does have a filter within the reservoir bit also has pressure lines going to it, so I suspect it is all protected.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.