The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to hear from people who have chipped a 9770. Was it successful? I have searched on here and have found only people asking the same thing but not many saying that it actually worked. My concerns r component stress on the combine (pto, belts, drives ect.) but also can the 9.0L handle the boost? I think it's around 20% from 355 to 440 the steinbauer site claims. From what I know and have read a 9770 is identical to a 9870 other than the 13.5L and the cooling system. So can I increase HP with out totally blowing up the combine? Just would like some more power for when conditions get tough late at night. Thoughts?
TIA

·
Registered
514 Posts
Biggest problem like most say is it will run hot and over heat way easier. If you can get around that problem I'd say put the 9870 cams and spring in the rotor drive (done that to many no chipped 97's) throw on a new feeder house slip clutch ( green one if it has the 4x4 feeder house with plastic shields) and let er buck. If you could keep it cool it would most likely run with no problem.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Biggest drama we had with the 9770's was air intake temp, never saw it as a problem on 9660's but the 97 & 9870's it would always be a problem while harvesting on higher temp days, coolant temp was always alright though, I would go with the Eko tune myself there has been a lot less issues so far around here or if you do go with the Stien just ask before you buy what they can do to get around the problem of excessive air intake temp with out winding it back to much we had the boost back to 8oclock before it would not set the alarm off, at that you might as well left the cash in your pocket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i had a steinbauer in a 9770 last season with great results. We had a record bumper crop with tons of straw and it increased my capacity bigtime, and my fuel consumption increased next to nothing.. i ran beside 9860 premuims with same header size. Overheating issues were a problem, and got ready to send the chip back until i realized my rad hadn't been cleaned in 3 years. I cleaned it out and never had a problem since, and last summer was HOT.

We have since sold the 9770 and this chip is for sale let me know if you are interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.