The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Newer 9660 sts has an addition brace running from the vertical side post on the frame up to the Straw chopper jackshaft, I am looking to add this to our older 05 machine, I have the part numbers for the Eye bolt (H221055) and the Bolts (19m7843) but does anyone know the number of the piece that you'd weld to the side frame bracing to attach these to? It is a round piece that is threaded for that m16x35 bolt to go into.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Adding support 05 9660 sts straw chopper jacks

Thanks very much, I guess this kit and improvement was made for the 9860's and thats why we weren't finding it , have it ordered .

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

So I got the kit. Not sure i follow what they mean with the shims. When i put the level on both the side of the machine and on the jackshaft support hanger. It seems tho be the same. Do I still have to install the shims? I guess I don't quite understand how they change the angle of the hanger.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Greg
I should think that if it's equal your ok to proceed, on ours we put it in the shop and made sure the combine was sitting level. Had to bottle jack the frame at the drive tire to level the bubble on the side support. Then found the jackshaft support frame was out a bit , loosened the six bolts that hold it and we needed to pull it down on the pulley to get it level. Slipped 1 shim along the frame on the horizontal (top) and refastened all bolts then proceeded. Disconnected the batteries removed the paint from the weld area, etc etc.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

I'm not sure but the '05 and older don't have it and the '06 and newer do. The kit does align the jackshaft straiter and then steadies the out side of the pivot.

I did have a bearing go last fall in the jackshaft itself but I blamed that on the fact the bearing would not take grease for the last couple of seasons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts