The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has or knows where one could get a adjustable or extended top precleaner/chaffer for a 70 series sts. Seems like there was a company making one that is similar to the extended one found in a 9870 sts. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
mshaw, I have been trying to find an adj. precleaner for my 9770 since last fall. Lowan manufacturing told my dealer that they would have one for this fall, but nothing yet and running out of time !!! I can't understand how JD. claims they don't have a problem with the 70 series after manufacturing one for small grains on both the 50 & 60 series. If you find one , Please let me Know . " Good Luck this fall"

·
Registered
400 Posts
60 series and 70 series have the same part # for the fixed chaffer.
60 series show a manual adjustable precleaner AH201930.
one thing to remember is, on the walker machines, whatever went through the precleaner went straight to the grain tank. in STS machines, everything that goes through the front precleaner is still pushed back onto chaffer and gets cleaned along with everything else.
one of the main funtions of the wide open fixed front precleaner is to give the crop mat a large blast of air to get everything aloft inside the shoe area.

·
Registered
39 Posts
ststech,your right, on walker machines whatever went through the precleaner went straight to the grain tank and that is why it was always closed for small grains.In my opinion the new precleaner should be set at the same gap as the chaffer . It will not create a proper air blast wide open, you have to create some preasure by closeing it down just enough to keep the chaff susppended (no different than pinching off a garden hose ). It should be used as a precleaner not as an air duct.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Farmerjones,Do you have any more information on the motorized adjustable precleaner on the European models or where could I start looking ? Where are you from and how close are you to harvest ? Good Luck ! and Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Farmerjones, Thanks for the info. , My 9770 works fine in everything but flax. I have to run the chaffer tighter than it should be. The flax and chaff is to quick to fall through the precleaner overloading the front of the chaffer.Flax can be a real bugger to seperate sometimes!!! I would like to see everything susspended coming off the precleaner.With the chaffer open to where it should be the end result is overloading the return. One other small problem in Canola is plugging the precleaner with short pieces of canola stocks then restricting flow .Other than that ,It's a great machine.Off topic how have the Wheat yeilds been so far as you work north?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Farmerjones , Thanks for your reply, that was what I ended up doing last fall. Ran the ( Roter at 850 - 900 RPM ) , ( Concave at 5 ) , ( Fan at 680 - 700 RPM ) , ( Sieve at 4 or 3/16 in. ) , (Chaffer at 6 or 1/4 in. ) I didn't like running the chaffer that tight but that's all that would work, it should have been at (13 or 1/2 in.) I still hope I can find an adjustable precleaner. Thanks Again and good luck this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts