The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two years ago I installed an adjustable precleaner in a customers 9750STS. This week I had the chance to ask this customer about it. He said he liked it very much. The sample is significantly cleaner and he thinks the combine even has more capacity.

·
Registered
400 Posts
the adjustable precleaner is made by deere, and it is availble to be field installed into machines

not factory in 70 series

·
Registered
378 Posts
We bought an adjustable precleaner from Loewen a few years ago which we put in a 9650 STS. It was a very good investment - better sample and more capacity. We set it the same as the chaffer. The 70 series have a whole different cleaning system.

·
Registered
400 Posts
70 series hardware is basically the same as 60 series, the only difference is in the drives, and stroke, all they did to the 9870 is add an extension to the precleaner

·
Registered
32 Posts
There have been more changes than that:
-extended the windboard in the 9870
-extended sieve nose on the 9870
-new return pan
-increased fan speed on the 9870

can someone please explain to me how more capacity can be gained with an adjustable precleaner? Are you talking corn or small grains?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put a Loewen in the customer machine.

How can there be capacity gain?
Let's see: With a correctly adjusted precleaner we have mostly clean grain falling through, that goes onto the front of the chaffer and can then fall right through the chaffer with hardly any extra work. The MOG from the precleaner lands or actually floats over the chaffer a little further back.
With the wide open factory precleaner we have a lot more MOG at the very front of the chaffer, that takes more time and area to separate.
This is why JD is trying to gain capacity in the 9870STS with an extended precleaner. The capacity increase would be more if it was an adjustable precleaner here as well.

·
Registered
192 Posts
thanks, only one year experience with sts,switched from 9600s.wondering if this will help in canola, we seemed to be overloading the bottom sieve.any other suggestions would be appreciated,

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I really cleaned up my canola sample and was able to open the
sieve by shutting the chaffer down to 10. The setting Deere has for the chaffer in canola is away too far open.

ms

·
Registered
486 Posts
How is your concave set and how fast are your rotor spinning?

Dont ask why, but if you open the concaves wide up, put the rotor in 1 gear and spin the rotor up to 500 rpm it seems to solve the problem. Also leave the feed acellerator on fast.

And then of course feed her with all the grunt shes got. then open up the sieve till you are rid of nearly all the canola seed in the tailings elevator

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Concave at 32, rotor at high in low range. If you're running with your concave wide open you've obviously never plugged trying to put a pile through.

ms

·
Registered
486 Posts
I obviously dont leave them all the way open. I leave enough room to allow me opening them all the way up if i actually do plug it. But no i have never plugged a 9760... ever

1 - 15 of 15 Posts