The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any feedback on putting adjustable precleaner in a 50/60 STS? does it help clean grain sample?

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
i put one in a 9660sts a couple of years ago trying to clean up some sunflower, helped with that, but ive never seen much difference in sorghum corn, beans or any winter crop between that machine and our other 60 and 50 that dont have one in them

·
Registered
163 Posts
Also tried one in 9660sts a few years ago, helped a little bit in sunflowers, but what really helped was removing small wire concaves and using round bars in sunflower. Never tried it in anything else, it's one more thing sitting in the corner now!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aussiedeere What part of Aus you From? I`m wondering if a Adjustable precleaner will help in corn and legumes. I`ve heard it gives you more capacity aswell as cleaner sample but just wanting more opinions.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
From Victoria mate, i have no experience with corn and i doubt you'd see much of a capacity increase. It could be usefull in some legumes but as i said the one's i've seen fitted have been primarily so you can shut it down to clean the sample up in canola.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts