The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We are about to harvest the second season with our 1688, we had preset the combine with info from the case combine manual, like speed rotor and wind speed, ...

I think we have lost some yield in the field or the straw !! There are two things I don't know what to figure about adjustment, I took pics... its adjustment out of the cab, on the side of the combine outside...

what are the purpose ?

I Harvest oats mainly ! The combine used to harvest canola, wheat !

here are the pics

Attachments

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
The ratchet adjusts concave clearance... the other changes your rotor gearbox between low and high speeds.
Should be an indicator for the first one for the concaves on the side of the combine below and a bit towards the rear of that ratchet, probably on the cover you can remove to look inside. Don't know if the 16xx machines had it in the same place as a 14xx combine did but that ratchet is in the same spot, just a tad shorter shaft that its fastened to. You might end up changing it fairly often during the day depending on conditions, I know I do. Book for ours says to set concaves in corn position for oats. (Number 4 on our indicator, yours might be different... )

Second one is rotor gearbox range, with small grains your going to be running it in high for those. Ours only does corn and beans so stays in low the whole time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.