The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone "please' explain to me how to tighten the clean grain elevator conveyor chain on a 6088? Looked in the book, it says to loosen clean grain drive chain, did that, easy enough to do. Then loosen locknut on the adjustment rod to adjust clean grain elevator conveyor chain, adjust the tension to that blah, blah, blah!! Got all that, but doesnt say which way to turn the adjusting bolt? If you go clockwise it pulls the "adjustment rod" down, which seems to me would be loosening the chain, but tried it that way and either had no result or it got looser! :-( My son has been turning the bolt every which way, but it doesnt seem to get any tighter. What am I missing here? Something as simple as this, is sure causing me a lot of grief, especially since I would have finished milo harvest tonight, if I knew how to tighten the dang chain! Plus, I promised my wife I would take her out to supper, cause I missed taking her out last night as I was working, so had to shut down and come in. Maybe a few drinks before supper will make me think clearer, or at least feel better! :) Thanks for any input you can supply,
Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.