The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am sort of new to adjusting an older combine like the 815, however I do understand the concept of it. It is a corn and soybean special. So correct me if im wrong but all i should have to do is adjust the chaffer and shoe sieves, the cylinder speed, the concave, and the fan speed? Now my issue is I dont think the concave indicator which needs to read 10 works. So how can I tell when it is where it needs to be without getting too complicated with it. My other question is the fan speed. The only indicator for fan speed is the dial from 1-9 for the settings. Yet it says it needs set on 1xxx rpms. How do i know the rpms of the fan when the only indicator is a number 1-9?

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you can get ahold of a hand held shaft speed "tachometer" that would tell you. You would hold it against the end of the fan shaft and it would tell you the rpms. As for the concaves, start in the middle and make adjustments in the field.

·
Registered
94 Posts
On my 815 and 915 the indicator did not work either but each turn of the crank in the cab is 1 unit so simply turn the crank and completely close the concave then open it 10 turns and adjust from there. after you find the sweet spot step out of the cab and look at the adjusting worm gear and quadrant and mark or make a mental note as to where it should be for initial setting and your good to go. On the one combine the crank would turn on its own due to vibration I believe there is a hole in the panel which I use to drop a screw driver into to stop the crank from making a revolution or more

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.