The Combine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Aerial application of fertilizer, Kiwi (New Zealand) style.
Love the sound of the 8 cylinder, horizontally opposed, Lycoming, engine.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not trying to be picky, but it's not a radial. As far as I know radials have an odd number of cylinders.
My bad! Silverod. You were right! I`ve made the correction.:)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ant, there is a fella down at Warrnambool airport that does spraying and spreading with a plane. Does a good job. I had a fella come and do some spraying with a 4 wheeled motor bike. Put out uan, herbicide and fungicide and zinc. If you need any phone numbers just ask.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Not trying to be picky, but it's not a radial. As far as I know radials have an odd number of cylinders.
To be even pickier, each row of a radial has an odd number of cylinders, but there can be multiple rows, resulting in an even number of cylinders. For example, on of the last radials was the Pratt & Whitney R4360 Wasp Major. 4 rows of 7, for 28 cylinders and 4362 cubic inches.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Man, it looks like the fertilizer is getting into everything on that plane, it's a flying fertilizer cloud :D. It must be dry down there or they go through allot of trouble to clean that plane up at the end of the day. I love the runway, right across a cattle guard, around here a cattle guard would knock the wheels off an airplane.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I don't get it. There was no reference to radial, the post said 8 cylinder Lycoming. Which is a flat horizontally opposed engine.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't get it. There was no reference to radial, the post said 8 cylinder Lycoming. Which is a flat horizontally opposed engine.
In the original post, I made the mistake of saying it was a radial piston, Ozzie.
I corrected the mistake.:)

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Very fine for super? Have heard of RGR , sounded like ground limestone or something similar.
Do you mean RPR, Arro?
At first I thought it could be reverted super, which is 75% super and 25% lime, but upon closer inspection that fert does not look granular at all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts