The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new 2588 i started it up and it says it cannot find the YMIU...

So it works a few other times..so i go to the field no issues for a 2 days and now its on again....dealer sent another ymiu and it did the same thing..... then turned the key off and back on it works...

grabed my old ymiu and plugged it in and its working..

Dealer should be down tommorow just thought id ask if anyone has any ideas

its got to be in the wireing harness right?????

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: AFS 600 HELP!!!!!!!

Well he came out and reloaded the software and it worked for 2 hours all is going well and bam.....started the combine and Cannont find ymiu....grrrr

they are bringing a new monitor tommorow so i guess we will try that..

Thanks for the feedback....

·
Registered
560 Posts

Travis, does the error go away within a few seconds, or does it stay on? If it goes away within a few seconds, it's probably nothing to worry about. The display is booting up, looking for the YMIU, and the YMIU isn't ready to communicate yet, so the display throws a fault. Then the YMIU communicates, and the fault clears.

If the fault doesn't clear, this could be the monitor or could be CAN communication problems. I would bet on the CAN. Check connections, CAN bus voltage, etc. Your tech has access to all the troubleshooting steps, or you can call the AFS helpdesk.

Did your tech reload the monitor software or the YMIU software? He should be sure to do both.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

We tried a new ymiu....they brought a new display out....still the problem.... my head mechanic came out tonight and there's a short at the connection in the grain tank.

the gps antenna/reciever has a cable thats 10 inches or so and then plugs into another cable...in that plugin there's a short on the yellow wire..

The yellow and green wires are communication wires...should have 2 volts....sounds like he put the ohm meter on one of them and it shorts out every so often...

so im not sure what he's going to do...im guessing all new cables...

its been interesting thats for sure...

he's also going to double check on the software on everything..

it still piss's me off to know end that there's not power to the gps reciever all the time..

you should start your combine and have gps in seconds not 5-10 min....

its not going to pull the battery down during season...maybe it would in the offseason but u always have to jump the combine anyway later on...

Thanks for your help guys...

·
Registered
560 Posts

Glad he found the problem.

The AFS helpdesk has instructions for wiring a 2300/2500 for constant power to the display/receiver (switched separately from the key). You could give them a call.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

well he talked to case and there thinking replace the antenna reciever..he's went to order the cables i need and there back ordered.....

atleast i know where to go and mess with the wires..

also i talked to my local afs guy he says i need to update the software i guess he means Can Software version...

to the newest....and then maybe it wouldn't take 10 min or 15 every time to get gps signal.

how does a delar upgrade that? is it something i could rig up and do myself..

·
Registered
560 Posts

If you're talking about the receiver software, yes, you can update that yourself. If you're talking about the machine or display software, only the dealer can update that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts