The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so everyone that has accuguide in a combine what did you do to make it work? my dealership has not had one in a combine before. and it won't turn on. what do you have to do to test it out ? does it need a head ? thanks in advance

·
Registered
187 Posts
Mine did the same thing. If it is like mine, when you hold down the orange autosteer button on the console it won't activate. The version of software that comes out of the factory isn't the newest version, it needs to be updated. Your dealer should be able to hook up his laptop and download newest version of softwares for different components. I think the accu-guide version was 16.4 but I can't remember exactly. My version out of the factory was 16.1. Once we downloaded the newest version it came right on. You have to hold the orange button down for four seconds to activate accu-guide and then a disclaimer pops up and you have to hit accept. If you make it that far you should be good to go! Let me know if you need the version numbers and I can look them up in my combine. You can check your version numbers on your console, I wish I could remember where it shows them at but I can't remember. Look around on the afs 600 you will find the version numbers. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
560 Posts
You also need to turn the steering wheel a half-turn or so in either direction before it will enable. This is to make sure the system is seeing the signal from the override sensor at the base of the steering column. If it doesn't know this sensor is working, it won't let you enable the system, because you might not be able to manually disengage if you needed to.

·
Registered
93 Posts
you also have to be moving so that it can find a direction. after you hold the orange button down we have a 9120 at our shop and I could not get it to work until i talked to our case rep and also that the software that was in the combined from the factory is newer than we have now.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I understand it is not a feeler but a electronic eye of some kind have not seen it. got the accuguide to work, still not in the field yet but drove her home.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Electronic eye??? interesting....

so whats the word on your corn head...or speal lol...

how soon till you get her... also what happens if you don't?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Tony, "Electronic eye" I've never heard anything like that being used in corn. Was it at any of the farm shows this fall? How is CIH pricing this stuff anyway? Do they have a price list out?

Does your local CIH dealer sell HeadSight equipment? They make header height control stuff and the TrueSight guidance system for cornheads.

Sounds like John Deere has the system that a guy with a 16 row head would want. It uses a feeler system with Satellite guidance also.

·
Registered
560 Posts
CIH has not released any kind of row guidance. If FT has such a system, it is either aftermarket or he's testing a CIH system.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts