The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to add a chopper to a 2188 that we have. It currently has a beater in it, but it is the only combine that we own that does not have a chopper. Was looking in some magazines and saw some after market choppers made by TSR and are supposed to be as good as factory. Wanted to know what you all had to say about them. They are priced a lot lower than case. $$$$$$$$
TIA Troy

·
Registered
111 Posts
I put one in a 1470 three years ago and it has been trouble free so far. Was well worth the investment. At the time I thought the hardest part was changing the gear box as I did not have a hoist to do the lifting. Probably took a day and half to install as there are some hyd. lines on the hillside machine that have to be changed. I think you would be happy with the investment.

·
Registered
104 Posts
We had a TSR on our 1688 and they are good choppers. Ran it for four years and other than a few blades it was trouble free. We also have a Redekop on a 1480 and this is a great chopper. It is much more aggressive than the TSR. The only draw back is that you have to swing it out of the way to do about anything on the back of the combine and it aslo does not like green material. But part of that may be the home made material slide in front of it. We addapted this one to make it work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts