The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you out there have tried any brands of aftermarket concaves? I am interested in how a Kuchar concave would work on a nonbullet rotor 9760sts in corn and milo. I don't belive that the round bar concaves are doing a complete job of thresing or definatly seperating. Thanks for any imput!

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Used Loewen (now A&I) concaves in STS & CTS for years - chalk & cheese compared to standard JD.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Any type of large wire concave would help your threshing problem. PF Parts makes a solid concave and they come in 6 instead of 3 so R&R is much easier.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would highly recommend kuchar concaves, the difference is night and day.
plus if you don't like them he will give you your money back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what crops do you harvest 9570sts? How much of a gain in capacity did you see compared to you old john deere concaves?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I grow corn and soybeans, I would say 30% more capacity maybe more in certain conditions. plus alot better sample.
personally I wouldn't run a combine without his kit. just my opinion

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am assuming you have the smooth elements, if so, I would defiantly go with his rotor bars and concaves first and then latter you could get the feed accelerator.
I don't want you to think his stuff will totally stop the rotor loss in a high trash situation because it wont, but it is allot better.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They priced the concaves at $3,960 where John Deere round bars would be around $2500. Do you think most of your gain in capacity came from the concaves or the rotor elements? Were i am getting at is that we can't afford the whole converson and our rotor isnt' worn out. So I was just thinking of switching just the concaves.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts