The Combine Forum banner

Aftermarket Concaves on STS

11K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  combiness 
#1 ·
I was wondering if any of you out there have tried any brands of aftermarket concaves? I am interested in how a Kuchar concave would work on a nonbullet rotor 9760sts in corn and milo. I don't belive that the round bar concaves are doing a complete job of thresing or definatly seperating. Thanks for any imput!

#9 ·
I am assuming you have the smooth elements, if so, I would defiantly go with his rotor bars and concaves first and then latter you could get the feed accelerator.
I don't want you to think his stuff will totally stop the rotor loss in a high trash situation because it wont, but it is allot better.

#10 ·
They priced the concaves at $3,960 where John Deere round bars would be around $2500. Do you think most of your gain in capacity came from the concaves or the rotor elements? Were i am getting at is that we can't afford the whole converson and our rotor isnt' worn out. So I was just thinking of switching just the concaves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.