The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I second that.......id like to know

Personally Them haveing alot of capacity....And the combine changing settings from beans to corn whenever you hook on to a head

A great cab.

And a company thats doing everything to make it a great combine are a few things that i like..

Im sure we will be getting one or 2 down the road and i can't wait..

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I like the idea of the rotor drive being a hydrostat instead of a mess of belts and spring loaded pullies. The benefit here comes when you slug the rotor. At that point, open up the concaves and then you can have it turn the rotor forwards and backwards to work through the slug.

I also like the idea of the header having a PTO drive, as it allows more HP to the header.

I don't like the pipe dream of hydro lines when you get under under the pretty plastic though.

-Lance

·
Registered
693 Posts
Agree with you guys on the 8010. Here's my worthless opinion.

Cab = A++++
PTO header drive = A++
Is the rotor Hydro or CVT (like)? IF CVT = A+
Dealerships around me = D-

When Claas buys Case
, they could put their track undercarriage on it to adequately support this beast
, and improve our dealerships
.......It might be a worthy machine for our farm.
I don't like all the belts on Lexion combines, but if you keep the rocks out of the machine (which we were unsuccessful at this year), they (belts pulleys and bearings) seem to outlast any machines we've had in the past (2388's and 9600 deeres).......

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Moderator EDIT:
Color wars will not be tolerated, consider yourself warned. Next time I see a comment like this you'll be taking a 1 week vacation from the site.

Back on topic...

·
Registered
657 Posts
if you are wanting other peoples imput i will give you mine we have ran a 8010 for 2 years now and have been very pleased have had a few little things go wrong but i dont care what anybody says about any brands things will go wrong.its like the old saying if itsgot **** or tires it will give you problems. 8010 is very high capacity machine ,very comfortable to operate gives a nice grain sample even this year in wet corn one thing we did switch to is round bar concaves and are very happy not to bad mouth any other color we have ran them all they are all good machines but in my opinon the 8010-8120 is a very nice machine. one selling point for us is dealer and company support thank you and i hope everyone has a safe and prosperous 2010 growing season

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
haha....its not good when i get messages asking what in the heck did you say anyway????? hahaha

i kept looking then found this thread and wow!!

Guess this is the thread hahaha

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
8010 's are still great combines after two years of sitting my old one finnally went back to the field, after a neighbors burnt to the ground.... engine heater..he didnt take very good care of the poor old girl. hope he buys a deere let him b***h to them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts