The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have a specialty rotor in a 2188 withtwo elephant ears. Now if I convert it to a afx type rotor with one of the kits avaliable doe's it bolt to the same places that the ears bolt on the rotor or will it bolt in the bracets that ar a half off of that(the holes that the other two orginal ears bolted two when they ran four ears.)
We have one set off brakets that had to be rewelded late last fall after some bolts loosened up an torn out these holes. Not really crazy about putting new rotor in a 4500hr combine.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
The Kile kit goes to the brackets a quarter turn from where the originals went. I believe the Lowen kit completely replaces the front of the rotor. Nice thing about the Kile is that you can put it in with out having to take the feeder house off, Its not the easiest...but I was able to do it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
We have installed the Axceller in quite a few combines, you are able to install it with the feederhouse on the combine, just much easier with it off. As well if you make the upgrade to one of these kits make sure you get the cone vane kit for an AFX rotor. Heavier vanes, more bolts holding them in and there are more vanes as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.