The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my rotor on 2366, wich rotor do you choice AFX or speciality?

And why?

Thank

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've got a specialty rotor and an afx running side by side in green stem beans and the afx handles the at almost a 2 to 1 clip over the specialty

·
Registered
111 Posts
We put an AFX rotor in our 2388 befoe harvest this year. I was surprised at how much of a difference it made, not only in green stemmed beans but corn as well.

There was nothing wrong with the specialty rotor in the 88. Sold it to a neighbor who replaced the conventional rotor in his 1680. We're both as happy as a hog in mud.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'll be the odd duck

I've run all three

The AFX does feed the best and really puts it through

but for quality of threshing and rotor loss I'm still an old school standard rotor guy

After I set a standard rotor up the way I want its hydro forward (5mph +) in soybeans, then the problem is cutting them off

It just depends what crops you run mostly and how you have them set up, with any of the three rotors

In corn and really hard-threshing wheat its its hard to beat a standard rotor

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: AFX rotor or specialty

If you have a rock trap then the bottle-neck of the machine is the rock trap. If you install a AFX rotor it will help the feeding through the rock trap but not solve the problem ie "the rock trap". Now if you are looking to solve the rock trap issue put in one of my Razor rock beaters and it WILL feed the rotor smooth and even with all 3 rotors for a fraction of the cost of a AFX. My customers say the they can get 5%-30% more throughput even in green conditions!!! send me a e-mail use Razor as sub

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: AFX rotor or specialty

If you already need a new rotor then get the AFX!!! You can't go wrong with it if you would like really smooth feeding thought the rock trap my Razor rock beater will do the trick, it replaces the oem and is awesome for feeding. send me a pm or e-mail thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts