The Combine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using a Honda or XR190AG?
Looking for a light bike for moving machinery between farms where I can't tow the ute.
ie: carrier on machine and go back and pickup the ute.
Are they capable of 70-80kph? 184cc just doesn't seem to be much.
Any other comments are welcome.
Cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
If your looking for a light bike, the motocross/enduro bikes are usually lighter and built better than the air cooled trail/road bikes. They are also WAY more powerful for the size and WAY more fun!
examples would be CRF150R, CR125, CR250, CRF250R or RX, CRF450R or RX

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
If your looking for a light bike, the motocross/enduro bikes are usually lighter and built better than the air cooled trail/road bikes. They are also WAY more powerful for the size and WAY more fun!
examples would be CRF150R, CR125, CR250, CRF250R or RX, CRF450R or RX
Can they be registered? Kawasaki stockmans are popular

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,864 Posts
How many Km’s do you want to do on furthest trip?
Do you want to be legal?

do you have kids?

i use my kids CRF125’s all the time for that reason
They are quick light and nimble
They will do 70-80km or faster if you change the sprockets
You can even be a bit rough, and turn the fuel off and just lay them down on something if you can’t lift them up...........

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have one of the Honda XR190 ag bikes. It gets along quite well at the 60 to 80 kph range. I would have to check again but I think it nearly makes 100 pinned right out and bumping the rev limiter with a tail wind.
When we bought it I also looked at the Kawasaki which is a 6 speed and goes a bit faster, the Suzuki and Yamaha.
The Honda is ADR compliant so can be registered easily. Unless something has changed since, I don't think any other brands could be road registered.
The ag bikes are the go, you have a headlight and racks. Riding my sons crf125 at night is not the smartest thing I have done. You need somewhere to strap stuff on like the press wheel that broke off the planter and your hat and water bottle.
The front bark buster bar is not as good as the older bushland Honda but after a bit of messing around we got them to hold some grips to carry a hoe on the handlebars
The efi is really good so far. Just crank it a couple if turns and it fires up, no choke to fumble around and they even have a fuel gauge which has turned out to be handy. Don't have to fill up all the time because you have no idea how much fuel is in the tank.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How many Km’s do you want to do on furthest trip?
Do you want to be legal?

do you have kids?

i use my kids CRF125’s all the time for that reason
They are quick light and nimble
They will do 70-80km or faster if you change the sprockets
You can even be a bit rough, and turn the fuel off and just lay them down on something if you can’t lift them up...........
10-50km (at a stretch)
yes, absolutely must be legal, have to be able to ride into town.
No kids, not that I know of anyhow ;)
Issue is that I work on my own and its inconvienient to get someone to help move the mower and rake. Just need to work out a dolly so the mower isn't oversize

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have one of the Honda XR190 ag bikes. It gets along quite well at the 60 to 80 kph range. I would have to check again but I think it nearly makes 100 pinned right out and bumping the rev limiter with a tail wind.
When we bought it I also looked at the Kawasaki which is a 6 speed and goes a bit faster, the Suzuki and Yamaha.
The Honda is ADR compliant so can be registered easily. Unless something has changed since, I don't think any other brands could be road registered.
The ag bikes are the go, you have a headlight and racks. Riding my sons crf125 at night is not the smartest thing I have done. You need somewhere to strap stuff on like the press wheel that broke off the planter and your hat and water bottle.
The front bark buster bar is not as good as the older bushland Honda but after a bit of messing around we got them to hold some grips to carry a hoe on the handlebars
The efi is really good so far. Just crank it a couple if turns and it fires up, no choke to fumble around and they even have a fuel gauge which has turned out to be handy. Don't have to fill up all the time because you have no idea how much fuel is in the tank.
Cheers, so almost as fast as the 2.8 hilux:)
80k is fast enough, not a seasoned rider.
The racks and $$ are the main reason for looking at the ag bikes.
Interesting about EFi, have no experience with EFI on small motors yet.

·
Registered
656 Posts
XR190 on farmclearingsales @ $5000, Lock SA

Reactions: Arro

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,864 Posts
I bleed Honda Arro but due to my location and the price of 2nd hand and new bikes I did recently get a low km Kawasaki KLX150 fully loaded with all the legal garbage for the daughter. It’s a nice comfy bike. Little bit slow, must be the sprocket gearing. But otherwise seems a good bike. Starts well.

Reactions: Arro

·
Registered
602 Posts
I’ve got a Yamaha TW200 they come with super wide tires and are street legal. Great little farm bike, it’ll do 70K all day long but 90 or 100k would be really winding her up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had the previous model, the XR150 for many years and they are a good all round farm bike. I hate the seats they put on the enduro bikes like the CRF, whereas the XR has way more padding, you might even find a late model 150 that would do the job. Not hard to change sprockets on honda's if you want to go a bit faster. Going over 200cc might get a bit heavy if you're having to lift/load it all the time. Cheers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts