The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This fall I posted some pictures of us out harvesting soybeans and a number of you were interested in the Ag Cam system that we used on our farm this fall. It worked increadibly well and I do not want to run the grain cart with out it. I took quite a few pics of it in use this fall on our farm. It is a wonderful product and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in such a system. Having a wireless camera on the combine grain tank allows me to see into the grain cart and I fill the grain cart from the cab of the tractor; which lets the combine operator pay more attention to harvesting. We also have a camera on the side of the cart so that I can see into our wagons or a semi trailor. It works in the day and at night. It also works pretty well in dusty conditions too! Overall this was an excellent purchase for our farm and I might just buy one more camera to attach to the rear of the grain cart so that I can see behind me while going down the highway.

Enjoy the pictures!

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Rwalsh, that is so neat! I know a lot of combines are being fitted with cameras, too. If I ever go on another harvest run [maybe someday], I'd like to actually get not only a cam in a spot like that, but one on the the very back as well, like some of the European combines now have. It's just nice to see all around, on both ends.

·
Registered
109 Posts
rwalsh
We installed 3 cams (wired) on our grain buggy this fall 1 on the tip of auger, one in the front,top of bin, and one on the back, its 16'10"wide nice to see out the back when roading! Boy I like the view from the combine of your wireless cam! It's neat to see how well the in fared works at nite. Can see the bottom of the truck with no lights on What make is your cam?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Can I ask how much the Ag cam setup costs? we want one for thecartcause or trailers have high sides

harvester4life,
Our cam was $270 cnd with 1 cam each additional cam cost $90 the monitor is awesome it rotates each cam view 90 degrees (X4) can have a MIRROR image, very handy for filling front of truck compared to rear of truck. It has microphone with volume very handy a nite backing in shed up against the combine you say stop when standing behind, and operator heres you fine. you can view dvds through it , the color is just awesome. the wide view of the cam is impressive, thinking of buying more cams and use the monitor on planting equipment! It plugs into the lighter for power .If it snows again I'm going to put cam on the back of( enclosed) snowmobile trailer . It is a must have......

·
Registered
31 Posts
Being able to see inside the semis with high sides is nice. He had two cameras on the cart that I worked on this fall. Being bale to see behind when backing up off the road is great. I would not want to try and run a cart again without them. I can see that it would be great to see in the cart while unloading on the go. Less stress on the combine operator. lol

·
Registered
134 Posts
What size is your monitor. I'm going to get a system this winter and I'm collecting info. I see the agcam is available in 6",7" or 9" monitor. Would a bigger monitor be too big and be hard on the eyes? I will have it on my row crop cultivator, bean puller, grain cart tractor. Should save on the turning around. Thanks for any tips.

·
Registered
109 Posts
articcatfarmer,

Just checked our agcam out today it is 7" model I did not know there were different screen size , I would not want smaller, and the bigger one would be a plus . wonder the difference in price from 7 to 9? Canadian tire has backup camera wireless (20') I think 1 cam only for $99 I believe. I have seen the monitor no comparison to agcam. but good price and color screen. The agcam has a little remote control . Seems to me there are modes that can not be used with out it like rotation and mirror. Maybe with the USA dollar they are cheaper now!
ps. do you have a F7 cat, and where is there any snow right now?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Parksy,

Thanks for the info, I checked the agcam out online and saw the different options. I think I could get away with one camera if it comes with a magnetic mount. Probably on the back of the tractor for cultivating and pulling drybeans and on the auger of the grain cart. Yeah, that weak dollar in the U.S. helps now. Could be good.? No F7, just got a crossfire 700. Love it. Last week there was snow in Michigan's U.P. We had a great ride.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Now that is slick! I never knew they were available in wireless.Lot's of potential uses for this.

www.agcam.com watch the video. Many dealers around.

BTW very little snow here. I sold my sled years ago and think of buying one again every year but it doesn't snow much here like it used to.

·
Registered
109 Posts
foxfamilyfarm,
My only experience with CT camera was on the back of friends 1/2 ton it was wireless good view but lots of jiggles and static just don't know what it would be like on end of cart auger? Nice thing about Canadian Tire you can take it back if it does not work for you ! there is a difference in the quality of color, agcam is very sharp, let us know if you try the CT model.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts