The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent all day at the show, what a beautiful day, couldn't have been better weather. They tell me some years the weather is awful. This show is huge but not a single combine or any small grain machine on the site. The technology for handling nuts, fruits and vegetables is incredible though.
They also like tracks here I see, lot's of tractors with tracks including the new New Holland Smart Trax a front wheel assist unit on tacks and several track conversion units on display.
There are many companies offering nutrient technology for crops and soils, this coal humis stuff seems to be a big deal down here. I wonder if it really works.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The Ag Expo is definitely geared more towards the specialty crops of CA and the dairy industry but there's still a ton to take in.

As for the weather, there have definitely been some pretty decent rain storms come through during it, tends to turn the place into a mud hole.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yes the weather today was awesome, been here some years it's raining so hard everybody goes to the buildings. There are 2 combines here, one at the Claas display and Case, but yes usually there is not a single combine here, I've been coming every year for the last 12 years and could count on both hands how many combines I have seen here.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a big show, finally saw the Case and Claas units, both on tracks, also checked out the new Versatile. Holy that New Holland T9.670 has a 500 gallon tank for a muffler! It is huge!

Lots of interesting stuff there, definitally three days worth :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts