The Combine Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I haven't been to a show in years and was really glad we went today. That was a good show, lots of room to move around, and such a variety of things I even had to ask what the **** a couple of them were for, lol.

It was nice to see the demos. The side by side comparisons, while small, gave a pretty good impression of what the machines could do.

A good show, it might become a yearly tradition.

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I wish the show succes, but by the end of July I've had enough of the farm for a bit and don't have much interest in going to a show. I'm ready to relax and maybe take a day or 2 away from anything farm related before harvest starts.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Other then friends, an outdoor farm show is what I missed from Ontario when I moved out here. The one in Ontario is much larger. Wife will be on Mat leave next summer so will defiantly go to AIM. Don't think I will go to farm progress. I heard Case wasn't even there.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
It was better than last year - bigger for sure. There's still several notable absences on the equipment side - Deere corporate, CNH corporate, Bourgault are the obvious ones. The small plot stuff was fun to look at but not very informative. The real advantage of an outdoor show is the field demos. I'd like to see a little more effort there on real world conditions - seeding demos into tilled ground don't really demonstrate anything. I'll definitely go back.

·
Super Moderator
3,077 Posts
It was better than last year - bigger for sure. There's still several notable absences on the equipment side - Deere corporate, CNH corporate, Bourgault are the obvious ones.
On the flip side though, CIH hasn't been at Farm Progress for awhile, I assume since they're not on your list they were at AIM?
Think we're seeing a transition here.

Hey, think I just came up with a slogan for them.
AIM for a better show!:)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
It was better than last year - bigger for sure. There's still several notable absences on the equipment side - Deere corporate, CNH corporate, Bourgault are the obvious ones. The small plot stuff was fun to look at but not very informative. The real advantage of an outdoor show is the field demos. I'd like to see a little more effort there on real world conditions - seeding demos into tilled ground don't really demonstrate anything. I'll definitely go back.
True there were some notable absences but both short line and large manufactures were substantially increased.
Hopefully a sign of things to come in the future.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Too big, too much to see and do in one day. Next year I'm planning to make it a two day excursion.
While waiting in line at the Dow booth for a snowcone, I thought I saw Chuck Toney over at the Ekotuning lot, I made a mental note to go over and say Hi, but after eating said snowcone, got distracted by some crop plot and never made it back that way. Oh well, maybe next year.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
On the flip side though, CIH hasn't been at Farm Progress for awhile, I assume since they're not on your list they were at AIM?
Think we're seeing a transition here.

Hey, think I just came up with a slogan for them.
AIM for a better show!:)
I don't think they were there either Don. My perception was that they haven't really cracked the mainline equipment manufacturers. Lots of shortline guys, hangers on and local dealers but none of the big guys. Personally I can't understand why that would be - haul lots of big equipment to the centre of Regina or to a wide open field beside a 4 lane highway in the middle of nowhere - now there's a tough call for sure.

·
Super Moderator
3,077 Posts
I don't think they were there either Don. My perception was that they haven't really cracked the mainline equipment manufacturers. Lots of shortline guys, hangers on and local dealers but none of the big guys. Personally I can't understand why that would be - haul lots of big equipment to the centre of Regina or to a wide open field beside a 4 lane highway in the middle of nowhere - now there's a tough call for sure.
To say the least Bob!
And what a hodge podge setup Regina is now with that stadium construction!

I know Claas took full advantage though, with feedback from here and which show gets the nod AIM is going to draw better is my guess.
I give Regina 2 more shows, just too many things stacking against it.
It may only make the 40.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Think with Saskatoon getting the cfr things like farm fair will drift that way too. Big cities like Edmonton and Regina aren't ag centered cities anymore or weren't in the first. AIM is far from being in the middle of nowhere. That is one of the busiest highways in western Canada and more central a location for western Canada than Regina.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I talked to the AGCO guys, yes they had company reps there, and there take on the show is very positive and they too may not be at Regina's progress show in the years to come.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Too big, too much to see and do in one day. Next year I'm planning to make it a two day excursion.
While waiting in line at the Dow booth for a snowcone, I thought I saw Chuck Toney over at the Ekotuning lot, I made a mental note to go over and say Hi, but after eating said snowcone, got distracted by some crop plot and never made it back that way. Oh well, maybe next year.
I was there for Tuesday. Great show, lots of interest at our booth. I had to run home to keep haying. There will be a lot more happy Ekotuning customers this fall. A lot of producers are getting some safe reliable hp added to their combines this summer.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts