The Combine Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yup, I have one combine for my 1000 acre farm. Its an '87 8820 Titan II. Just about done harvest this year, just 50 acres left, due to weather. I tell ya what, I LOVe this old combine! It has 4200 hours on it now, and I have ran it three years. I have had very little trouble. Mostly worn tin, that was quite easily repaired. A few bearings and chains, but thats to be expected. I do 7 to 10 acres an hour with it, and cant see how it can be so close to some of the new iron. Some of the numbers guys are posting for capacities on some of the new stuff, I cant see where the 300 grand is. I paid 18500, paid cash, and it owes me nothing. Id like to get another one, just the same, for a spare. That way, I never miss a day to mechanical issues. Big farms must hate to pay that rediculous money for lousy iron. My neighbour has a 580 lexion, and I think it might be the first combine that actually impressed me a bit. IT eats up the canola. I plan to run these old 8820s till they are garbage. Hopefully thats 8000 hours plus

1 - 1 of 1 Posts