The Combine Forum banner

2001 - 2020 of 4139 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello,

yesterday I sprayed wheat. It worked really fine, the software, the section control and the sprayer. In our small fields with lots of triangle the system does a great job. My 70 year old dad came with me to see it working and now he wants to have it for his narrow Fendt and the vineyard sprayer…

I think I found a bug in AOG:
I’m using a small tractor for spraying and a 15m rigid sprayer. I do 15m headland first, so the sprayer knows when to stop.
When I’m driving from the headland into the line, the outer 2 sections go backwards, as the tractor could almost turn on a dime. At the begin of the turn these sections are close to the unapplied middle of the field. Now I turn and the start moving fast away (backwards) from the field but AOG turns them on. I think AOG thinks they are moving fast towards the unapplied and switch them on. I set 0,8 seconds look ahead. The problem might be that AOG doesn’t see the direction, the sections move, it only calculates distance to unapplied and speed and if it is smaller than look ahead time, turns them on.

I added some pics. The screenshoot are made with the simulator using the field from yesterday, so the vehicle is not at the exact wright position... . It should be a sequence, showing me driving a line out into headland and into the next line. The order is mixed up while uploading.. The one with the text explanations is the last.

Have a good Sunday
Matthias
Don't know if would make a difference ...only noticed from pic's you must not have rigid attached selected ?

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Unfortunately the CombineForum server is having issues lately and for me a lot of attached pictures are not displaying, including all the attached pictures from post 1999. Getting a lot of 403 forbidden errors.

EDIT: was barking up the wrong tree.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I did a video on the pavement, because it rained all night.
I started upload it but it will take time (more than 1,5 h) …..
Gonna edit this post when ready..

I think it’s not a problem with the calculation of the sections move. I haven’t checked the code but I guess it’s a kind of:

Section time to unsprayed area == section distance / section speed

if (look ahead time < section time to unsprayed area) {Section on..}

So it’s correct. In this case the sections are very close to the unsprayed area and move fast, so the start spraying. But in this case they are moving away from the unsprayed area. So the solution might be: compare the time or distance with the one in the calculation before and only spray if it's getting closer.
Only a guess….

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just sat looking at MTZ8302 's pics, got me thinking..... should section control be used/expected to work as headland management, is that not what Uturn should be for?

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,010 (Edited)
Ok, I went thru the code, and it works. So I watched the video 87 more times, as you turn around, and are starting to get to the leave the headland, the section is still moving forward - not backward, so it will pick up unapplied and turn on - as it should. But then it starts to back up and will remain on for the turn off time and then shut off. Also, it is required that the inside of the section point is also going backwards - as in the entire section must be going backwards, not just the very out side. This is because if you have two sections, any time you wiggled it would turn off.

Just turning backwards won't turn on a section as pictured below, you can try it on the sim. I would post the code, but its about 600 lines.

I think at present the only way to get around it is make a head land at 1 width wide, and set UTurn up to turn off the sections when entering headland and back off again when exiting headland. I've used auto headland about a million times, it works. If auto is off, it won't matter where the boom is, it will be off and on again only when crossing or close to headland.

Or make 2 headlands.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
300 acres with the bno055 on the roof, never ever missed a beat. Fusion of gps and imu is black magic, but is super stable.

So could you have the imu placed inside the gps box to work on yhe bluetooth module

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought a ublox 6m module with antenna and i connected it to my laptop i opened ag open gps and tried to connect the reciever but when
i click connect nothing happens

·
Registered
788 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Not sure if this will help anyone, but messing around with the reach the other day that also uses ublox. It does not like anything above 56k for baud. Aog will not work on it for very long at anything above 56k.

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yes I start the systhem but i don't know very well where find parts or how i can make it without problem
Bonjour Michel et bienvenue. You can find a lot of information as far as where to locate parts on Andreas' wiki http://www.gh-ortner.com/agopengps/doku.php. Perhaps there are a few other French speakers who could help you out on this form. I think that it would be safe to say that most people have just searched for the parts online and picked whichever vendor is most economical for their country. What country do you live in?

2001 - 2020 of 4139 Posts