The Combine Forum banner

2041 - 2060 of 4139 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Unfortunately I didn't get to use u turn. Something went wrong doing the headland pass and the record window went full screen and I forgot to turn on the booms in aog since I was still doing it manually anyhow. Not a big deal though and probably my fault(or norton antivirus garbage).
I have this same problem that when I record a the borders, it goes full screen. It isn't a huge deal, I just have to remember to turn the sections on before I record the border. Has anyone else had this issue, and is there an answer for it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Unfortunately I didn't get to use u turn. Something went wrong doing the headland pass and the record window went full screen and I forgot to turn on the booms in aog since I was still doing it manually anyhow. Not a big deal though and probably my fault(or norton antivirus garbage).
I have this same problem that when I record a the borders, it goes full screen. It isn't a huge deal, I just have to remember to turn the sections on before I record the border. Has anyone else had this issue, and is there an answer for it?
I found that if I have my computer in "tablet mode" it goes full screen when recording a boundary. If I take it out of tablet mode it keeps the record window small.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I found that if I have my computer in "tablet mode" it goes full screen when recording a boundary. If I take it out of tablet mode it keeps the record window small.
Once your recording your boundary you can swipe across screen from left to right. all your open windows should show up. switch to the agopen gps screen. once your boundary is done switch back to boundary screen to finish.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Yup, tablet mode seems to be the problem with the boundary. I will try the left to right swipe. Windows 10 is a PITA imo.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It's been busy times lately and a long time away from the forum so I don't even try to catch up everything now. Finally yesterday I was able to do the first proper field operations doing some spraying with AOG. Here some observations and first impressions:

- AOG overall usability is excellent, setting up fields and machine much easier and faster than my reference Trimble. Really great UI!
- stable operation over the entire field, except for one total blackout of my tablet. Probably heating too much as there was plenty of battery power left. Coverage map was restored after blackout but lost my AB curve driveline, is it saved at all or just when closing the field?
- Reach RTK kit with Tallysman TW3710 antennas working great, I got my base at home connected to rtk2go.com via wifi router, and using cell phone as a hotspot in tractor. Fixed solution almost 100% of the time. Really unbelievable performance for the price.
- autosteer working quite well, unfortunately I wasn't able to tune the parameters properly for this time and reaching the driveline was maybe even too aggressive. I believe this will get much better with some finetuning. In the long run, the wheel spinner solution would need some kind of freewheel system for manual steering.
- My hw setup seems to be really sensitive to the power up sequence to work properly.
- Section control working great in AOG, but my modified Amazone sprayer controller (Amaclick) didn't work as I expected. That will be a tricky thing to fix.
- AOG software problems found: the full screen boundary recording window as mentioned in several posts earlier, and steer switch not working (modified my autosteer.ino to fix this).

Overall I'm super happy and impressed with AOG, hats off to Brian and everyone else involved!

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,046
There is nothing I can do about the windows operating system, but..... you can turn tablet mode off and then that doesn't happen.

I will double check when ab curve is saved. Sounds like you got most of it working! Congrats.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,049
- stable operation over the entire field, except for one total blackout of my tablet. Probably heating too much as there was plenty of battery power left. Coverage map was restored after blackout but lost my AB curve driveline, is it saved at all or just when closing the field?

It is saved as soon as you click "B" making the line. It is also saved when smoothing, if you want it permanently saved. Crashes can be nasty at the best of time, but yes its saved.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Okay i am about to order 10.1" Samsung tab A tablet, and need to conform if bluetooth external gps is a good option like a garmin glo which is on glonass?? They say the blue tooth is better than cable.

This is only for use on 4 wheel motorbike as guidance, no sterring, as none of the fields are straight, mainly spreading fert, seed, slu bait etc...

Once i have the tablet an its in a water proof case i will make a frame to put it in so it sits just above head light on quad bike.

Will agopen be okay as an appp for this need?

Ant...

Any help or advice appreciated.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Is that tablet windows or Android? You need windows and all the ones I googled are android. The gps will work if you are ok with 3m of accuracy.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
AOG can only run on Intel-based Tablets running Windows. An android port would be interesting, but that's a long ways off. Ports are pretty hard to do. I began a port to C++ and Qt that could eventually run on Android (Linux was my primary goal), but it's a long process. I'm about 20% of the way there, and holding. ;)

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,053
There was a really tough bug in the headland. Once in a very long while it would come up with a out of range for the headland list, super hard to find, but I found it. The line in red was missing, the edge case was when the angle between 2 points of 1 ten millionth of a meter straight north - seems it can happen pretty easy when clicking 4 points to make a headland. Groan. So if it happened, it didn't add the pre calcs so that number in the list didn't match the number of points in the headland list.

Code:
            for (int i = 0; i < ptList.Count; j = i++)
            {
                //check for divide by zero
                if (Math.Abs(ptList[i].northing - ptList[j].northing) < 0.00000000001)
                {
                    constantMultiple.easting = ptList[i].easting;
                    constantMultiple.northing = 0;
                    [COLOR=Magenta]calcList.Add(constantMultiple);[/COLOR]
                }
                else
                {
                    //determine constant and multiple and add to list
                    constantMultiple.easting = ptList[i].easting - ((ptList[i].northing * ptList[j].easting)
                                    / (ptList[j].northing - ptList[i].northing)) + ((ptList[i].northing * ptList[i].easting)
                                        / (ptList[j].northing - ptList[i].northing));
                    constantMultiple.northing = (ptList[j].easting - ptList[i].easting) / (ptList[j].northing - ptList[i].northing);
                    calcList.Add(constantMultiple);
                }
            }

X80, I tried it with a 50$ BU353 garmin antenna when i was first developing AgOpenGPS, and used that to map while I sprayed. If I recall while it was a few meters off, it was always a few meters off - resolution vs precision vs repeatability. I'd say give it a try, the price is right.

And yes, you definitely need a Windows based tablet. Which are actually getting hard to find.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Just a thought X80, if you are okay with lack of repeatable precision try and get a windows based tablet with a built in GPS. Then there is no messing around with BT, cables etc. You could always add a high precision GPS to the same tablet later if you like.

Reactions: BrianTee

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
I dont want windows based as uts restrictive for everything else...so ive ordered an android one. There are apps available and im ok with a couple of meters accruacy its better than i can do by eye on hills.

Sounds like agopen is out and i will use another app and give it a try, the tablets donhave gps but not sure about accuracy compared to an external garmin...one would think it would be more accurate.

Ant...

·
Registered
184 Posts
I dont want windows based as uts restrictive for everything else...so ive ordered an android one. There are apps available and im ok with a couple of meters accruacy its better than i can do by eye on hills.

Sounds like agopen is out and i will use another app and give it a try, the tablets donhave gps but not sure about accuracy compared to an external garmin...one would think it would be more accurate.

Ant...
I started with an android smartphone and an Ublox m8t from csgshop.com with talisman 2710 antenna. So you have accuracy. You can link it via Bluetooth and put it in box with an battery and charger module. See the wiki of AOG, I put it there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
AOG can only run on Intel-based Tablets running Windows. An android port would be interesting, but that's a long ways off. Ports are pretty hard to do. I began a port to C++ and Qt that could eventually run on Android (Linux was my primary goal), but it's a long process. I'm about 20% of the way there, and holding. ;)
I've given your work a little test-run, and I wonder how much assistance you get from the community. Maybe you should add a gitter.im chat channel to your github project, that would give a specific talk channel for code development. Some projects I follow have gained a boost in development just by being more "close" to the devs and users through a chat.

The biggest problem for me with AoG is that the terminal hardware is expensive and clumsy for a tractor cabin. Let alone the powering and USB connectors.

2041 - 2060 of 4139 Posts