The Combine Forum banner

3841 - 3860 of 4139 Posts

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,841 (Edited)
Hello Brian, and the Ag open community.

After a few stakes with the Stanley metode I noticed the following:

On a straight Ground / Field, the whole thing works really nice :).

But we have some very hilly fields.

Here Agopen needs the tilt correction. The problem is that the tilt correction (Sidehill draft Grain) steers in the wrong direction.
So downhill what the deviation then, of course, additionally increased.

The tilt in the working view is displayed correctly.
Only the steering correction for tilt compensation is going in the wrong direction.

I used the Dev. version downloaded 6.7.19, in the German community but reported that the error is also present in the new version.

Or is the problem already known and resolved?

I use an Arduino with Autosteerswitch Sketch via Usb and Ibt2 + Mma, Bno

Thanks for help

We also have very hilly fields, 10 degrees is common to even 18. I rigorously tested this recently - perhaps something has changed. I will test again. Am working on elevation mapping at the moment so can try and see what happens.

Do you use the compensation to move more up the hill to compensate for equipment draft?

Edit: Also sidehill draft (roll) is corrected in the arduino only, not in AOG at all, so i'm pretty sure if there is a problem it is with the arduino code. Nothing corrects for tilt aka pitch, only roll.

·
Registered
788 Posts
We also have very hilly fields, 10 degrees is common to even 18. I rigorously tested this recently - perhaps something has changed. I will test again. Am working on elevation mapping at the moment so can try and see what happens.

Do you use the compensation to move more up the hill to compensate for equipment draft?

Edit: Also sidehill draft (roll) is corrected in the arduino only, not in AOG at all, so i'm pretty sure if there is a problem it is with the arduino code. Nothing corrects for tilt aka pitch, only roll.
We have mma, dog2 and some other sensors for arduino - Roll from dual antenna, paogi in agopen

Why not remove the sidhill thing from arduino and center it in agopengps software..?
Would also free one byte..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hello Brian, and the Ag open community.

After a few stakes with the Stanley metode I noticed the following:

On a straight Ground / Field, the whole thing works really nice :).

But we have some very hilly fields.

Here Agopen needs the tilt correction. The problem is that the tilt correction (Sidehill draft Grain) steers in the wrong direction.
So downhill what the deviation then, of course, additionally increased.

The tilt in the working view is displayed correctly.
Only the steering correction for tilt compensation is going in the wrong direction.

I used the Dev. version downloaded 6.7.19, in the German community but reported that the error is also present in the new version.

Or is the problem already known and resolved?

I use an Arduino with Autosteerswitch Sketch via Usb and Ibt2 + Mma, Bno

Thanks for help
You have two ways to change this:
1: turn your board 180 degree.

2: change the number in setup zone here-----

#define InvertRoll 0 // Roll to the right must be positive
// Set to 1 if roll to right shows negative

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,844 (Edited)
We have mma, dog2 and some other sensors for arduino - Roll from dual antenna, paogi in agopen

Why not remove the sidhill thing from arduino and center it in agopengps software..?
Would also free one byte..

Is PAOGI even used by anyone?

Could do - good idea, even just shorten the antenna based on roll. Pretty simple that way. But probably the best way is modify the steering angle setpoint based on roll with the slider setting the gain.

Funny how these things started out so simple but now have 5 different ways to do them.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,849
Kind of forgot all about the original sectional only control arduino. All the focus has been on autosteer. Give me a sec and i'll upload the sectional only control - after i find it and fix it to work with what was in the video.

This project needs some serious organization

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,850 (Edited)
Κωνσταντίνος Εφρεμίδης;3346363 said:
HELLO I try to make this project but from the first step i have a problem. I follow the youtube tutorial. But didnt work, the relays never turn on only the one light is on.
Why this happening ? I dont have any idea about arduinos.
I am from Greece.

Hello and welcome to the forum! Please add your location in your profile, always nice to know where people are from.

Here is the section only arduino code. So upload this code to the Arduino and then:
1. Go to ports and connect to the autosteer port.

2. D5 is the first relay all the way to D11 which is the 8th relay.

3. Build your relay board as per the video. It should work!

(best to build and then connect :) )

Attachments

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,851
Important update notes for latest AgOpenGPS upload on Github.

*** The hill compensation is now done in AOG. So please remove any reference to that in Arduino code. The ones with AOG, the basic autosteer usb and ethernet have it removed. I haven't tested it in a real vehicle yet - so hoping it works.

With Stanley steering, once in a while in contour it would dramatically steer off line. Was tough to find, but if the heading changed from Pi to negative Pi (circular wrap) for some reason it would think the heading was reversed and tried to turn the vehicle around for a little bit until it read the next segment. I hope that is fixed.

Elevation mapping is along for the ride - but isn't finished. It uses some neat programming like multithreaded file loading and elevation map calculations with progress indication - without blocking the main GUI. Even with an i7 it takes quite a while to map make. Elevation mapping I think has real potential for VR and fungicide applications along with all the free satellite data available now.

Hello and welcome to the forum! Please add your location in your profile, always nice to know where people are from.

Thank you for the fast answer. I did it and when the upload finish the one of the two relay leds turned on ch1 . When press at AgOpenGps manual or auto then the light turned off. if i change the D6 conection with D7 then the 2 leds turned on and off the same time at AgOpenGps.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,854

Thank you for the fast answer. I did it and when the upload finish the one of the two relay leds turned on ch1 . When press at AgOpenGps manual or auto then the light turned off. if i change the D6 conection with D7 then the 2 leds turned on and off the same time at AgOpenGps.

Can you show a picture of how its connected to the arduino?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,856
And you used the INO i posted in the reply? I know it works, I just tried it. You could move it to 6 and 7 and try that as well - just make sure you have enough sections in AgOpenGPS

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Brian.

Is there an option to show the current working path? Like at the border of your field is number 1 and at the order border is number xxx (depends on how many guide lines you have)
Also a way to enable to show tramlines? I mean that you can insert fixed lines depending on the sprayer with you’re using when spraying? I’ll saw it also on Raven Autosteer GPS software. I like your software and Will start experimenting this year at our farm.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Is there an option to show the current working path?
Also a way to enable to show tramlines?
You can see the path number in the A-B button.

You can set the tramlines in A-B setup window (top left corner) by choosing which path to start tramline counting and how often to repeat tramlines.

And what about this gps antenna setup with a base-Rover situation?

https://www.ardusimple.com/product/simplertk2b-starter-kit-lr-ip65/
I have SimpleRTK2B base and 3 rovers. They work perfect. I'm sending corrections (NTRIP) to rtk2go.com and rovers are receiving them from AOG NTRIP-client.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have SimpleRTK2B base and 3 rovers. They work perfect. I'm sending corrections (NTRIP) to rtk2go.com and rovers are receiving them from AOG NTRIP-client.
Hi Kaupoi! Thanks for your fast answer!

How is your setup with your base? Stand alone? Connected thru WiFi with internet? Or thru a PC?

3841 - 3860 of 4139 Posts