The Combine Forum banner

4021 - 4040 of 4139 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Goofy question, but why would you need AOG for a irrigation pivot? I know nothing about them except they go in circles and make ruts:).

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am gathering ideas on how to mount and connect my Delphi ER10031 to a JD6430 would appreciate any photos you have to share. What connector are using? and how are you going about connecting it to the arduino analog input 0. I believe the pinout is 5v, Data, Ground. But if anyone is willing to share info or experiences I would appreciate it. Thanks everyone for all you do here.
This is on my Massey Ferguson 6160
Works perfect.
With John deere 6430 you have ackerman steering, so the math would be a little different. But the mount is similar like this i guess

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Goofy question, but why would you need AOG for a irrigation pivot? I know nothing about them except they go in circles and make ruts:).
For us, operator fatigue a big one. Got machinery going over the pivots three times a week in the warm season. High intensity and a high accuracy a requirement. A few cricked necks making sure you're not wrecking machinery on a wheel track (growing perennial turf-grass). Also, our wheel tracks are exactly 5 passes wide. But none of us can drive a circle steady enough to do it in 5. With 5cm accuracy, can do everything in 5 passes and save a bit of time and diesel in the long run. For us too the ground is relatively bare for 5 months of the year. Looking to do some brassica or legume inter row cover cropping with AOG.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Ah, ok makes sense now. It is for the equipment, not the pivot itself. Brain fart moment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ah, ok makes sense now. It is for the equipment, not the pivot itself. Brain fart moment.
Oh gotcha! Yeah, just for the equipment. Other than a REALLY big gust of wind we got last year that pointed the wheels of our neighbours pivot into the sky, they don't deviate from the wheel tracks at all. Very steady reference point for AOG.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Works perfect.
With John deere 6430 you have ackerman steering, so the math would be a little different. But the mount is similar like this i guess
If JD 6430 has a center steering cylinder just as the MF 6160 on the picture here, then why not attach the delphi to the end of cylinder rod instead of at the wheel, and that way eliminate ackerman, because cylinder rod must move same distance to both sides!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Works perfect.
If JD 6430 has a center steering cylinder just as the MF 6160 on the picture here, then why not attach the delphi to the end of cylinder rod instead of at the wheel, and that way eliminate ackerman, because cylinder rod must move same distance to both sides!
True but i tried (as you can see) but then the distance from left to right is too large for the sensor

·
Registered
107 Posts
True but i tried (as you can see) but then the distance from left to right is too large for the sensor
Oh I see why there is a clamp there now. So it would require a longer arm on the delphi, I would also suggest to place the "clamp"/connection as close to the cylinder as possible. Now I think I will move my new WAS connection to the middle of the connection bar on my tractor(between front wheels with 2 steering cylinders) and that way get same reading to both sides.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Works perfect.
i did some code - (thanks to christian riggenbach) it calculates steer angle for left and right side for ackerman steering...

Code:
double steeringAngleChangedLeft = 0;
                        double steeringAngleChangedRight = 0;
                        double steer = guidanceLineSteerAngle;
                        double m_trackWidth = 2.3;
                        double m_correction = (m_trackWidth / (2.0 * vehicle.wheelbase));

if (guidanceLineSteerAngle != 0)
                        {
                            steeringAngleChangedLeft = Math.Round(100*  ((glm.toDegrees(Math.Atan(1 / ((1 / Math.Tan(glm.toRadians((steer/100 )))) - m_correction))))));
                            steeringAngleChangedRight = Math.Round(100 *((glm.toDegrees(Math.Atan(1 / ((1 / Math.Tan(glm.toRadians((steer / 100)))) + m_correction))))));
                        }
                        else
                        {
                            steeringAngleChangedLeft = guidanceLineSteerAngle;
                            steeringAngleChangedRight = guidanceLineSteerAngle;

}

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,032
Big changes to simplify AgOpenGPS. Rate, VR, Self driving, have been removed completely. The relay port now sends out just the hi/lo sections bytes, the speed, tramline, tree, uturn status bytes. The relay port will be used for data in and out and autosteer will be used for just auto steer. It will no longer be receiving uturn, and section bytes - just autosteer data only.
Hopefully this will make things very much simpler.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have a question regarding hydraulics again (sorry)...

Looking to make my own valving up for an autosteer setup to avoid the steering motor (not really a fan if i can avoid)...

Have got a 6630 (standard) tractor... Wondering what style valve I need...

I have always thought these tractors were open center, with a gear pump...but whats confusing me is everything has a LS pipe, the loader spool, front suspension block and from what I can see, the steering orbital also (it has 5 pipes).

From some research online, Deere seems to call it an "Open Center Pressure Compensated" system... I think working with a relief valve. (Hydraulics, open-center, pressure compensated (PC) - 21.1 gpm)

What I am wondering, is does the work the same as a closed center system, IE can I used a closed center valve and just T the steering lines, pressure / return and LS? Or will this not work right on an open center pressure compensated system?

The way I read it / understand it, is it works just the same as the closed center system, except because its a fixed displacement gear pump, it just dumps the pressure via a relief valve dependant on LS line pressure, rather than destroking the pump? IE all the tractor / valves after that point, work just the same as a tractor with full closed center pump setup?

Im hoping it will as would be super easy to T the steering lines and get a P/T/LS feed from the backend....

Thanks,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have a question regarding hydraulics again (sorry)...

Looking to make my own valving up for an autosteer setup to avoid the steering motor (not really a fan if i can avoid)...

Have got a 6630 (standard) tractor... Wondering what style valve I need...

I have always thought these tractors were open center, with a gear pump...but whats confusing me is everything has a LS pipe, the loader spool, front suspension block and from what I can see, the steering orbital also (it has 5 pipes).

From some research online, Deere seems to call it an "Open Center Pressure Compensated" system... I think working with a relief valve. (Hydraulics, open-center, pressure compensated (PC) - 21.1 gpm)

What I am wondering, is does the work the same as a closed center system, IE can I used a closed center valve and just T the steering lines, pressure / return and LS? Or will this not work right on an open center pressure compensated system?

The way I read it / understand it, is it works just the same as the closed center system, except because its a fixed displacement gear pump, it just dumps the pressure via a relief valve dependant on LS line pressure, rather than destroking the pump? IE all the tractor / valves after that point, work just the same as a tractor with full closed center pump setup?

Im hoping it will as would be super easy to T the steering lines and get a P/T/LS feed from the backend....

Thanks,
I find looking at the outback install guides to be a good way to get your head around what's required. Looks like the 6X20 and 7X30 series use the same block and load shuttle
https://outbackguidance.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011559894-ED-JD7020SF-John-Deere-6010-6020-7020-Small-Frame-Series

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks like mine has a slightly different block to that, but think confirms that It works like a CC system.

I have a loader on the tractor with its valve block right under the cab by the steering lines, which gives me P/T/LS lines right there, can anyone see any reason why I cant just T each of these, and the two steering lines? Thinking of putting dedicated valves / safety solenoids on the steering lines also so the system can be totally isolated from the steering.

Not sure what the load sense "shuttle" valve is specifically for / is T'ing it an ok thing to do? Anyone else needing to use a flow valve to limit flow to the valve or ok with full connection on the P side?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks like mine has a slightly different block to that, but think confirms that It works like a CC system.

I have a loader on the tractor with its valve block right under the cab by the steering lines, which gives me P/T/LS lines right there, can anyone see any reason why I cant just T each of these, and the two steering lines? Thinking of putting dedicated valves / safety solenoids on the steering lines also so the system can be totally isolated from the steering.

Not sure what the load sense "shuttle" valve is specifically for / is T'ing it an ok thing to do? Anyone else needing to use a flow valve to limit flow to the valve or ok with full connection on the P side?
. Probably is teeing of from orbitrol better, My guess it’s a low flow circuit in stead of the p/t lines to your frontloader

·
Registered
4 Posts
Arduino micro not transmitting to AOG. I have uploaded the .ino to my micro and have verified the serial output in the serial monitor via arduino studio, the WAS value (from A0) is changing as I move it. I have set the baud to 38600 and have it set to com2. Next I start AOG through Visual Studio, I select Com2 when connecting the AutoSteer port and no data is being received by AOG. I feel like I am missing something extremely obvious. Could it be a driver issue with the micro? Or do I need to change the baud rate?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Arduino micro not transmitting to AOG. I have uploaded the .ino to my micro and have verified the serial output in the serial monitor via arduino studio, the WAS value (from A0) is changing as I move it. I have set the baud to 38600 and have it set to com2. Next I start AOG through Visual Studio, I select Com2 when connecting the AutoSteer port and no data is being received by AOG. I feel like I am missing something extremely obvious. Could it be a driver issue with the micro? Or do I need to change the baud rate?
You've probably already done this but...did you close Arduino studio before starting AOG? You can't have the same COM port open in two programs.

4021 - 4040 of 4139 Posts