The Combine Forum banner

4041 - 4060 of 4139 Posts

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,041
Daniel P, created the code for saving multiple Curve Lines, so thought it was time to get rid of the restrictions of choosing the different modes. Let me know what you think, Few little bugs to figure out yet, but should be working good enough to try out soon. Really flexible switching between now. Always bugged me it was so restrictive.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Daniel P, created the code for saving multiple Curve Lines, so thought it was time to get rid of the restrictions of choosing the different modes. Let me know what you think, Few little bugs to figure out yet, but should be working good enough to try out soon. Really flexible switching between now. Always bugged me it was so restrictive.
In one word.. awesome!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
That looks awesome! I got into trouble a couple times this spring while planting when I tried to make an ab line while in contour. Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Creation Contour Lines

Hello Brian,

my wishes:

I would like to choose the File in which the A/B/contour stuff is stored so I can change the file
depending in which area I am working. Otherwhise I will get more the 100 A/B/Contoulines in one file.

The stuff with the boundery contour ist the other big issue. Actually when I am working in the headland
from inner to outer trace I change the tool width to 15m when I want to work on the inner 3th trace with a 3m tool.
Then I choose then Make Boundery contour and can drive paraell to the boundery.

The second inner trace will the be made with a tool width of 9m ((3m+(3m/2)) *2). And the trace at the boundry
with tool width of 3m.

To make this easyer I would like to have an extra dialog after "Make boundery contour" where I can input
the distance to the boundery I whant. And then the Boundery Contour is cerated with this distance, independently
to the tool width.
My first approch would be to have an input box for the variable totalHeadWidth . ( double totalHeadWidth = ((mf.vehicle.toolWidth - mf.vehicle.toolOverlap) * 0.5) - 0.2;)

I hope you can understand me.

Stefan

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,045 (Edited)
Hello Brian,

my wishes:

I would like to choose the File in which the A/B/contour stuff is stored so I can change the file
depending in which area I am working. Otherwhise I will get more the 100 A/B/Contoulines in one file.

The stuff with the boundery contour ist the other big issue. Actually when I am working in the headland
from inner to outer trace I change the tool width to 15m when I want to work on the inner 3th trace with a 3m tool.
Then I choose then Make Boundery contour and can drive paraell to the boundery.

The second inner trace will the be made with a tool width of 9m ((3m+(3m/2)) *2). And the trace at the boundry
with tool width of 3m.

To make this easyer I would like to have an extra dialog after "Make boundery contour" where I can input
the distance to the boundery I whant. And then the Boundery Contour is cerated with this distance, independently
to the tool width.
My first approch would be to have an input box for the variable totalHeadWidth . ( double totalHeadWidth = ((mf.vehicle.toolWidth - mf.vehicle.toolOverlap) * 0.5) - 0.2;)

I hope you can understand me.

Stefan

So all you would like to have is a dialog where you can put in a distance? Have it default to current width, allowing you to change if desired?

Thing is though, the contour is created on the outside of the boundary so it lines up on the inside as you drive. Not so easy :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Big changes to simplify AgOpenGPS. Rate, VR, Self driving, have been removed completely. The relay port now sends out just the hi/lo sections bytes, the speed, tramline, tree, uturn status bytes. The relay port will be used for data in and out and autosteer will be used for just auto steer. It will no longer be receiving uturn, and section bytes - just autosteer data only.
Hopefully this will make things very much simpler.

Hated reading this. I may not understand, but.... Sounds bad for Rate, VR, and Self driving.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,048
Hated reading this. I may not understand, but.... Sounds bad for Rate, VR, and Self driving.
It's really hard writing software that you have no idea how it works or the algorithms to do things. So you take a shot at it. Sometimes it doesn't play nicely with other parts, becomes a spaghetti mess of code or simply doesn't work. The VR depended on rate, but the rate was everywhere in the code and was becoming unmanageable. Never liked the way it was heading right from the start, such an afterthought. The recorded path self driving works really well, along with very new and no longer restrictions jumping between guidance methods. Some of that code went back 3 years when the project first started, and seriously needed updating. There are 30,000 lines of code now, it needs to be well organized to move forward, so getting back to the basics of guidance, uturns, obstacle avoidance and recorded path/playback rock solid with good user interface is really important.

Also on github, the process to import code from other developers needed a serious looking at. Like most projects you just gotta pull back, regroup, and have a solid jumping off point. Believe me, the VR stuff is cool, and dead simple to create maps, it'll be back for sure.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's really hard writing software that you have no idea how it works or the algorithms to do things. So you take a shot at it. Sometimes it doesn't play nicely with other parts, becomes a spaghetti mess of code or simply doesn't work. The VR depended on rate, but the rate was everywhere in the code and was becoming unmanageable. Never liked the way it was heading right from the start, such an afterthought. The recorded path self driving works really well, along with very new and no longer restrictions jumping between guidance methods. Some of that code went back 3 years when the project first started, and seriously needed updating. There are 30,000 lines of code now, it needs to be well organized to move forward, so getting back to the basics of guidance, uturns, obstacle avoidance and recorded path/playback rock solid with good user interface is really important.

Also on github, the process to import code from other developers needed a serious looking at. Like most projects you just gotta pull back, regroup, and have a solid jumping off point. Believe me, the VR stuff is cool, and dead simple to create maps, it'll be back for sure.

Glad to hear this. Thought rate, VR, self, and record were over. Understand better now.

Just my two cents, but if each commanded location (point) on the ABLine, ABCurve, RecordedPath, etc. had extra infills that could be transferred into the command line I think that would help. Let me try to explain. The recList has extra data, (heading, speed, and auto.) If each of the points on the ABline or ABCurve had customizable extras, Rate, Speed, section control overrides, then that data could be clicked on or off on the fly, or by editing the map. Currently working on the FormSelf and CSelf to add a way to click and measure, Simulator Center to Field Center Snap, and draw a path for recorded path to follow. The measurement tool works very well. Simulator Center does well but if you are way off, you have to click it twice. The draw path works good until you draw tighter than 90 degrees. On a turn sharper than 90 degrees, to the left it will eventually follow, to the right probably not. Anyway, still working, and thanks again Brian and the team here.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It will not be done. Plenty of really good rate controller out there
:2: NO... I have just picked up a new to us fertiliser spreader vr capable , and was intending setting it up this winter to work with AOG!

Would it be easier to implement vr and also yield (+ other recorded info like - soil resistance ) on another program running in a windows tab?

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,053
:2: NO... I have just picked up a new to us fertiliser spreader vr capable , and was intending setting it up this winter to work with AOG!

Would it be easier to implement vr and also yield (+ other recorded info like - soil resistance ) on another program running in a windows tab?

It would be best to code it properly from the start lol. Another application has its challenges to communicate back and forth. It can be done using named pipes etc, but is a scary road. That's why NTrip is integral, its just easier in that regard.

It'll be back. Or someone else will write it as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Error while driving with simulator

Hello Brian,

I'am testing the new software. While driving with the Simulator I had a exception.
Please see the picture.

I don't understand why the

NameWertTyp
sim.steerAngle-39double

has the value -39. Normally this line limites the value:if (sim.steerAngle < -30) sim.steerAngle = -30;
I have to think about it.

Stefan

Attachments

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,055
Hello Brian,

NameWertTyp
sim.steerAngle-39double

has the value -39. Normally this line limites the value:if (sim.steerAngle < -30) sim.steerAngle = -30;
I have to think about it.

Stefan
Maybe need to neg and pos check before placing values.

·
Registered
55 Posts
@BrianTee

Brian, Can the button function be changed to: First click opens window, Second closes window?

I noticed on the new Sat pop up that it will span as many windows as i click the button. Nice when you hit it that of its not what you are after, hitting it again closes it.

Thanks for the touch line upgrade, was something i had wanted. Now just to get some time to test haha

Cheers,
Joe

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,058
@BrianTee

Brian, Can the button function be changed to: First click opens window, Second closes window?

I noticed on the new Sat pop up that it will span as many windows as i click the button. Nice when you hit it that of its not what you are after, hitting it again closes it.

Thanks for the touch line upgrade, was something i had wanted. Now just to get some time to test haha

Cheers,
Joe

Oh for sure! Good idea

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ok, home and attempting to make a map i'm not sure if i am doing it wrong or its broken. So this is what i have attempted.

Used Google earth and the polygon tool (also tried path tool) to make an outline and save it as a .kml

Imported the .kml into a new field as the boundary. and the island as the inner 1. seems straight forward. save it and the field never shows up on the map. So i checked sim coordinates and set them to the fields. restarted and reloaded the field. still doesn't show.

BUT when i use the new touch button it does show the field and island as they should be.

Zooming out i can not see the field at all. AOG shows our of bounds colour.

Edit:

Found the field, seems something is up with coordinates

when i use the boundary tool to pop up google earth to show where i am, its not where it should be.

Imported field is at 44.4118466/-76.1099568 (on sim gps) that is where it tosses me in G Earth.
field is actually at 44.377834/-76.109161 or quite close to that. (tractor parked in same place on maps or dang close)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,060
When you first made the field, you had sim coords of 44,-75 but your field was 44,-76. So your field center was 85 km away from the initial field start position.

I started a new field at 44,-76 and everything worked fine. Sim can be tricky as in a tractor it will just be in the right field when you start a new field. I think you may have enter 75 instead of 76 in the sim, made the field and then you were hooped.

So start a new field in the right position, import the kml, and it should work.

Attachments

4041 - 4060 of 4139 Posts