The Combine Forum banner

4081 - 4100 of 4139 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Brian,
if I save a vehicle in the latest AOG version, it is not possible to load that vehicle again.
I found out this is because of a missing line in "vehicle.txt". In lines 43, 44 there are two entries "Empty,10". If I insert a third "Empty,10" line, it works.
Thanks for AOG and best whishes,
Stefan

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,082
Hello Brian,
if I save a vehicle in the latest AOG version, it is not possible to load that vehicle again.
I found out this is because of a missing line in "vehicle.txt". In lines 43, 44 there are two entries "Empty,10". If I insert a third "Empty,10" line, it works.
Thanks for AOG and best whishes,
Stefan

Yup, new version fixes that up on github. Interesting how that came to be. Andrew added manual switching and saved the setting by replacing one of those lines, however when it parses it no longer says empty but the code wasn't in place to deal with the new setting. Bugs are not evident sometimes for a ways down the road. The challenge of multiple developers.

New version update on Github. Settings are very much organized and cleaned up.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
A cheap ebay unit that outputs NMEA sentences is all you need for playing with. On that note a minimum of 5hz and 19200baud rate is required to do anything useful. What do you plan on doing?

·
Registered
9 Posts
A cheap ebay unit that outputs NMEA sentences is all you need for playing with. On that note a minimum of 5hz and 19200baud rate is required to do anything useful. What do you plan on doing?
Thanks for the reply. Tillage mainly to start. I would just like to get my system built and operational. I have a Reach M+ but I can’t get it to work with the software. I’m a newbie but I don’t want to give up on this.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Oh well you are golden then. I am running reach units and to be honest they are a bit of a pain to get going without and experience with them. What is the problem?
Here is a link to the quick start guide. You need to enable nmea over usb(preferably) or bluetooth, etc and have aog connect to it. I would start with usb for ease of getting your feet wet.
https://docs.emlid.com/reachm-plus/quickstart/

·
Registered
1 Posts
lorenzo

hello brian i am lorenzo an italian farmer these days i have inquired about the autostreet using your software I wanted to buy an ardusimple kit with lr antennas and use the rover base technology to be able to have a precision of 1-2cm it is possible to have with this kit also works also works correctly at a speed from 5-16km / h or I suggest another configuration also you could have a total summary on all the steps to do since you buy the antenna when you can make it work the autopilot I hope to have answered as soon as possible thanks to the availability

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,089
Hello Brian,

when I set a antenna offset of -42 in the vehicle settings dialog and then save the vehicle settings (File->Save Vehicle), an error comes up when I whant to open this saved (File->Load Vehicle) vehicle again. Please see the attached pictures.
Stefan

Yes, this was fixed just recently. Please download the latest version.

Problem:
Properties.Vehicle.Default.setVehicle_antennaOffset = double.Parse(words[1]);

Solution:

Properties.Vehicle.Default.setVehicle_antennaOffset = double.Parse(words[1], CultureInfo.InvariantCulture);

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,090
hello brian i am lorenzo an italian farmer these days i have inquired about the autostreet using your software I wanted to buy an ardusimple kit with lr antennas and use the rover base technology to be able to have a precision of 1-2cm it is possible to have with this kit also works also works correctly at a speed from 5-16km / h or I suggest another configuration also you could have a total summary on all the steps to do since you buy the antenna when you can make it work the autopilot I hope to have answered as soon as possible thanks to the availability

Documentation struggles to be written as the project changes so very quickly. But, go here to start. There are many videos on youtube channel farmerbriantee as well. Also a telegram group internationally and many there speak Italian. Of course you can always post questions here as well.

https://t.me/agopengpsinternational

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ardusimple f9p works very good with agopengps. I don’t have the LR config, but I use rtk2go. You can use a computer or Raspberry PI for caster setup. LR needs line of sight (correct me if I’m wrong) and that would’nt work for me

·
Registered
31 Posts
Irrigation pivot is possible, very different then the requirements of wild AB Curve :) Daniel P is working on it.
Morning Brian and crew, just querying, is this pivot irrigation code still in the works? Not pressuring at all. I'm setting up a few farms with pivot irrigation next week and deciding weather I map out each wheel track as a field to use with contour, or set up the farms as a whole for parallel AB curves with 'snap to' to avoid wheel ruts. Contour mode is quite powerful now... Would work just fine if parallel AB curve is on the back-burner for now. Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts

Might also pay to have a look at the wiki

start [AgOpgenGPS - DokuWiki]

·
Registered
212 Posts
Wiki update time! The program is way ahead of the documentation. Let's update the wiki page and save a lot of people a lot of time by clearly laying out how to get started with AgOpenGPS. Please sign-up to re-do the sections by adding your name to the Google Doc you can also add your comments of things that need to be added or removed also . If English isn't your best language please still contribute. I can go through and edit later it's more important that things are up to date instead of grammatically correct.

Goals for the wiki
1) K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) try to keep your descriptions basic and clear. You can link to more technical descriptions if need be but we want a total beginner to be able to read through this "user manual" and find success. As a result we are only going to explain how to build Autosteer using Brians V2 PCB board.
2) Use lots of labelled pictures/screenshots of AOG screens
3) Link to Brian's helpful videos about different topics

·
Registered
55 Posts
I like the idea of version numbers to keep the updates to the software sorted.

This should be applied to the wiki as well, noting what info that write up is bassed on as per the versions.

One part i looked for a while back and didn't see much was a good how to on the dual gps setups.

Cheers,
Joe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just wondering if the self driving AB line feature was still in the software? Just saw the video on youtube but can't find it in the program.
Its probably there, I'm still learning lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, AOG works. As you can see in the video I'am driving a A/B Curve and the current and set point steering angel is diplayed from aog correct in the left bottom corner. What should the red line show? The current steering angel?

Stefan

4081 - 4100 of 4139 Posts