·
Registered
788 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,003
What if you put the steersim to your network address, 192.168.1.255 (or whatever yours is) and same in steerSim rather then in loopback? What address/port are you using in SteerSim?

Does an old version of SteerSim work?

Are you using IPV6 on your home network? Your IP shows up that way.

Works flawless on my network, from any computer to any computer to the MKR1000 arduino, to tablet, to......

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,006 (Edited)
Anyone want to try and troubleshoot it? I hear its rewarding :sFun_rofl:

I actually don't use it anymore, but just tried it and does same thing here.

Edit: Big hint, it seems using loopback and actual IP address causes grief, but using broadcast (192.168.1.255) on both is ok.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,008
Good question. I have no idea where this is going to end up. I think with ITEC Pro type stuff and auto you turn on its way being developed, adding more maybe just seems too much.

An orchard version for Apples for sure that caters specifically to their needs is in the works too.

I would hate for it to be so complex its not useable either.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Couple different versions? Not everyone will need every aspect of what is currently available.
Maybe a version that is simple "paint", version with auto section control, version with auto section/steer, full on auto everything version. That would help with the new folks, and allow for a screen as cluttered as your farming tech ambitions desire!

Not sure how hard that would be to do though? Just my opinion....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good question. I have no idea where this is going to end up. I think with ITEC Pro type stuff and auto you turn on its way being developed, adding more maybe just seems too much.

An orchard version for Apples for sure that caters specifically to their needs is in the works too.

I would hate for it to be so complex its not useable either.

Thoughts?
I also thought about a "Plugin" concept. But i really don't know something about it on the software side.
A GPS "kernel" software (like android) and different Apps (plugins) which you can load.
All apps can get/sent data to the kernel. I think same concept is done in ROS (Robot Operating System).
So every user can only load the apps/plugins he/she needs.

In the future i would love, if the software is able to drive a grain cart (like in matt reimer's ardupilot). In principle the main software just needs to send an Point to the slave and the slave needs to keep to this point. Or maybe an AB Line ist send to the slave and it should keep a specific distance to the master.
The automatic approach is not neccessary in the beginning.

I think a Roadmap would be really useful so we can see where the journy goes and maybe multiple people can work on the code at the same time on different areas. Or even just think about ideas how to solve a specific problem.

Just my 2 cents.... ;)

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,011
Anyone want to try and troubleshoot it? I hear its rewarding :sFun_rofl:

I actually don't use it anymore, but just tried it and does same thing here.

Edit: Big hint, it seems using loopback and actual IP address causes grief, but using broadcast (192.168.1.255) on both is ok.
Anyone?

·
Registered
788 Posts

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,013
Well if you use 127.0.0.1, or the actual IP address that AOG is running on a few have said SteerSim doesn't work - and it doesn't.

·
Registered
788 Posts
if i turn of ipv6 in my connections agopengps server shows me my correct ip adress. (so there is a coding error as a did writeto you)

steersim.exe works with 127.0.0.1 and also my real ip 192.168.180.20

agsimupd.exe dont work - and i do not see a future use off this exe because steersim does it all..

·
Registered
788 Posts
roadmap

Is there a road map for AoG development?
The future of agopengps and roadmap...

what i think: there will be a user explosion in the next months.

so, what are the main usage and the core of ag?

80-90 % of the usere will:

try visual guidance and visual section control
move to motor autosteer and if its possible to relay section control
use roll/heading
if all works or they will have help they would go to hydraulic steering control.

so the core of ag should be this.
on the arduino side we should use the autosteer port for this main things.

wheel angle sensor
motor autosteer - und you should also insert cquick hydraulik part into ino
simple section controll
work switch
for imu and heading you should make a final hardware decision
if all works the arduino code should be final...

for all other stuff like rate control, openorchad, section switches ......
you could use the relay port - then its a port for plugins and users can decide to
use standart section controll or advanced stuff

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,016
if i turn of ipv6 in my connections agopengps server shows me my correct ip adress. (so there is a coding error as a did writeto you)

steersim.exe works with 127.0.0.1 and also my real ip 192.168.180.20

agsimupd.exe dont work - and i do not see a future use off this exe because steersim does it all..
Did you try putting 127.0.0.1 in AgOpenGPS and for the steerSim - basically anything but 192.168.1.255? If it works, then i'm not sure what's going on. But you will find it will bong and say Forcefully disconnected by remote host.

And then if you stop and restart AgOpenGPS and just let SteerSim run, it won't send autosteer data back to steerSim but will send NMEA to AgOPen. If you use .255 in at least 1 spot or everywhere and use it as a broadcast, not a problem.

I don't think its a UDP problem, I think its an ICMP problem causing grief.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,017
I think the simplest and best use for farmers -

1. you already have autosteer - pretty much most farmers

2. you have an airseeder - again most of them lol

3. you either use a footswitch or the frame workswitch to turn on air seeder metering - Bunches!

So you can just take the nmea codes in to AgOpenGPS and turn their air seeder on and off with section control (single section, whole seeder) for basically a few dollars, super easy setup. Trim the application to do just that. Basically what i ran last spring for seeding. No more lodged spots on headlands.

Other scenario....

You have a sprayer with auto steer and rate controller and want auto section control.

Same as above, just hook it into your sections and for a few bucks, you have section control and mapping for your sprayer. Its ridiculously handy, easy to set up, and use.

But who will tell them?

·
Registered
376 Posts
I was thinking the group of farmers that don't go cross-eyed from a Windows tablet running their GPS system, probably want to take their system further and aren't scared off by some tinkering.

·
Registered
788 Posts
in europe an specially in austria und germay autosteer is not widespread.

we dont have so big farms and big machines for this. most of austrian farmers have a 2nd job or the wife has it.

on john deere autosteer ist >15.000 € in the past - if you have a € 200.000 maching ist no problem - with a 70 000 it is.

btw. most off our farmers have 2-3 john deere but small ones..

so agopengps is very interesting for my country..

btw. we dont have 16 m airseeders and so on...

for you turn i would need a function to use 2nd or 3rd track to go back...

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,020
for you turn i would need a function to use 2nd or 3rd track to go back...

Already in there - just not on github yet. You can have as many rowSkips as you want, although the youturn path would need to be recorded appropriately or it can get pretty tall. I suppose i could make them different and scale them as you wish, hmmmmmmm.

While skips are easy to do, coming back again and looping to fill in missed is harder to do - but i haven't tried that yet.

Code:
//scaling - Drawing is 10m wide so find ratio of tool width
            double scale = turnOffset * 0.1;
            for (int i = 0; i < pt.Length; i++)
            {
                pt[i].x *= scale* rowSkips;
                pt[i].z *= scale * rowSkips;
            }

1001 - 1020 of 4139 Posts