The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used the new wireless blockage monitors from agtron that run on your iPad in the cab?

·
Registered
72 Posts
No I have not tried the new Agtron wireless system, but after all the bs and grief I have had with Agtron and their crappy sensors you couldn't pay me to put them on our new drills. I will be going with Intelligentag blockage this year on our new Bourgaults.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel the same way about agtron. Bought a system from them and hated it. Never heard of those other guys before.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I have not tried the new Agtron wireless system, but after all the bs and grief I have had with Agtron and their crappy sensors you couldn't pay me to put them on our new drills. I will be going with Intelligentag blockage this year on our new Bourgaults.
Found their website. Are you running a sensor on every hose or just on one hose per manifold.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Have a Legend that I put on my Salford last year. A few firmware and software bugs, but aside from that, it's great. I love it being on an Android tablet.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Put a Legend system on last year and had zero issues. Had a few sensors go bad on our old Agtron system but over the 5 or 6 years we ran it and the equipment sat outside year round I don't think that is unusual. No issues with wiring/cabling/connections on either system so I could care less about eliminating cables. Hoping for a software update for the Legend that will make it easier to view the data that this system is capable of gathering.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Found their website. Are you running a sensor on every hose or just on one hose per manifold.
I am going to full run, sensor every hose. I spent a lot of time researching blockage systems after the Agtron gave me so many issues. From talking to guys that have been running it I felt that Intelligent Ag was best for my operation, hopefully I still feel that way come the end of seeding!

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
I'll be running the Agtron ISO system this year into my PRO600 screen. I switched from IAS because I sold the drill that it was on with the system and Agtron had a 25% rebate on trading in an old system (I had a 50 run Loup sitting in a box). If I don't like ISO, I can switch over to the tablet at some point. I really like the look of the connectors on the system compared to the IAS setup I had last year. Also, the zero restriction sensors I will appreciate.

The IAS 90 degree sensors worked at detecting blockages, but in large seeded crops like fababeans or lumpy fertilizer it was the sensors that caused the blockages the majority of the time. I also didn't find the IAS system to be as accurate as I had hoped. It uses percentages rather than actual numbers of hits to show total tower flow. I didn't like how the percentages skew if one tower is getting less. It seems to minimize a partial blockage because of it. Reading total hits would work better in my mind. As a blockage only monitoring system, it worked great in everything except corn and soybeans where the seed treatment is a little more dusty than on canola. The sensor plates would build up and sensitivity was decreased.

The IAS screen setup is great, and I never had an issue with the wireless. Had 2 modules go out (was a known problem but they just missed them) but they were prompt with replacement. Make sure to order an extra one, because the one that is down is always going to be on the tower that plugs!!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
On Bourgault drills, they want want a lot of money (around $7500) for the Topcon blockage system that goes on 1 run per tower and integrates into the X30 monitor. Is this another Bourgault gauging tactic or is it worth it? How has this system worked? Anybody tried it against an Agtron or IAS? Is it necessary for the Bourgault sectional control to work properly? I think for the money spent on this single run system, I could get a full run competitors system for similar price and be able to monitor everything. I'll have to gather some pricing on competitors products at Cropshow this week.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I priced out a 72 run legend system from agtron yesterday. It came out to just over 10 grand. I'm not ready to spend that much money on a system. Does anybody run with just one sensor per manifold? That way I would only need 8 sensors and I could afford the system and still have money to buy food to eat. I don't care if it doesn't read the rate right, just want it for a blockage monitor.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
I would suggest 2 per manifold. That way, you can see if you have just a run plugged or else a whole manifold. If one of 2 sensors blocks, it is just that run and you can probably go to the end of the field and clear it there. If both sensors on the same manifold block, then it is probably a primary and you know to stop right now.

I am doing 1/2 of my runs. The front rank of my drill is terrible to crawl around and look at, so I am putting sensors on it, and then leaving the backs since I can just walk behind and look for product. If one does block, at least I know that I still have 20" spacing and it won't be a terrible eyesore!

I would suggest going to an electronic system if you want to do primary monitoring only. The IAS system will still be needing a module at each tower since their 'hearing hose' length needs to be consistent. The Agtron system looks good for this since there is no need for module boxes at all. Plus it would be expandable if you want to go to more blockage sensors.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I did as Andy is suggesting, I have seed and fertilizer monitored every second run. My drill has two ranks also and so I am monitoring the front rank and therefore do a walk behind now and then to check the back row. My math calculation is a simple x2 factor to figure out actual seeds per acre as my display will show 1/2 of what is actually being applied, you don't want to forget that detail.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I did the same, put 5 sensors on each of the end manifolds (I run a single shoot drill) Plan on putting 1 more sensors on each manifold in middle of drill so I will know if I lose a manifold. Worked great on seeding fall rye. Had a small sliver of wood get in my one manifold and it alarmed. Any little thing to my seed or fert were there is a sensor and I get an alarm.

I just got the basic system (160 model I think) cost 1000 for monitor and 100 bucks a sensor. Money well spent

·
Registered
775 Posts
x3 I put 14K into an all run monitored double shoot system, 118 sensors. Never ending trouble, endless errors beeping. I would have lost an hour each day crawling over the top of the bar trying to get it working. The stupid auto rate wizard won't work if there is even one error sensor. And if you do get it to work it changes the rate the next time you start up so you have to do it again by which time there are of course multiple sensor errors again. It now just stays switched off. Burando Hill came down once to fix it but now its out of warranty refuse to do any more. Run as far and fast as you can away from these PoS monitors.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
We run 1 run each manifold except the outside manifolds where we run 2, more chance of plugging on the outside than the inside manifolds. Make sure you buy 5 or 6 extra's so you have replacements.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts