The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running a case patriot or new holland sprayer with aim command or intellispray? Im looking at buying a NH unit with this option. We spray a lot of powder fungicide at a high rate (1kg/ac) but also use a high rate of water, 25-30 g/ac. I have been told some people have experienced problems with the solenoids and plungers getting stuck open due to the powders. Anyone found this or have experience with this?

·
Registered
479 Posts
It "shouldn't" give you that much more grief than a sprayer without PWM. Ideally you'd be soaking any wettables prior to mixing, as that'll help (whether using PWM sprayer or not). Unless stuff is settling as it isn't mixed (which would cause grief on a non-PWM sprayer too), just keep things cleaner come rinsing time and make sure to try let it soak before mixing.

That being said, I suppose that'd be a whole lot more 5 gal buckets with it soaking, unless you are able to batch mix ahead of your sprayer or something to give it less chance to settle out in the boom tube.

Not any direct experience with it though. Should be someone who can give some experience for better advice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The only time I had plugging of solenoids was when I didn’t rinse immediately after application. We don’t spray a lot of powders but when we do I keep the rinse tank full and do the quick 3 stage rinse right in field which drastically reduces any residues in the system. My NH will rinse tank and all the plumbing automatically and allow you to spray each rinse out through the booms as part of its rinse program. When I get back to the yard and sprayer will be sitting for awhile I do another good rinse beforehand. Key is to keep the product suspended we’ll till it’s completely out of the system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts