The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can understand that AIM command pro actual acres will differ from the rate controller acres because it's doing every nozzle instead of full sections. But why would it count volume differently? I noticed just now that the actual volume aim command pro reported was about 1800 gallons, but the other number was around 2000.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
I have a pinpoint system on Deere sprayers, not sure if this will relate or not. My Deere system doesn’t know that some nozzles are being shut off, it only knows when whole sections shut off. So, when Deere says tank empty, there is some left due to this. Basically this shows you what the tip by tip sectional has saved you. But can be a pain when trying to mix just the right amount.

·
Registered
301 Posts
The volumes do read different. I believe the pinpoint manipulates the flow meter calibration because the rate controller thinks a full section is on but really it might not all be on.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hmm. That is really weird though, like sasksodbuster said. I could understand if it was some kind of theoretical savings number, such as the gallons saved because you didn't overlap at all on a section.

Basically I'm trying to calibrate my AccuVolume sensor so I'm wondering which number to trust!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So there are four different gallon counters that I can find between the AFS 700 and the Aim Command Pro monitor. And they all differ, even if I'm just doing a stationary test with all nozzles on. My gut feeling is that the "actual" number from the Aim Command Pro monitor is the one I want to use to calibrate from. The others vary by a fair amount (a few percent at least). Kind of odd. still don't understand why they all count differently.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guess it helps to read the manual. The correct and most accurate volume number will be the "actual volume" in Aim Command Pro. Essentially Aim Command Pro takes the actual flow meter pulses value and adjusts it to drive the Case rate controller. As nozzles turn on and off it may have to adjust things on the rate controller side, and it does this by fudging the flow sensor readings.

Also learned today that it's important to make sure I'm on the right nozzle setting preset in Aim Command Pro or the rates will be way off!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what I ended up doing. I originally didn't know that when Pinpoint is off, the system will open all the solenoids when you turn on the master switch, which is why I was originally going with aim/pinpoint on.

But even when not using aim, the reset-able container gallon counter differs from the task gallon counter. The reset-able container amount counter I think accumulates some rounding errors. I calibrated according to the not reset-able counter, and that seems to be pretty close now. I'm within 15 gallons, and I believe I can do better than that when I get some time to do another AccuVolume calibration.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts